GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck goes in or an Oil change this week and it just flipped 51k miles. Referring to the Owners Manual its says the only additional item to add to the list is Trans Fluid flush and fill. I read somewhere else that this is a good time to do the rear differential fluid as well. Is that correct? Thanks in Advance!!!

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
601 Posts
Downloaded and read the manual for your year and from what I am seeing, it says the trans fluid should be changed every 45k but see no mention of differentials needing changed. However, unless your having an audible warning, there really is no need. But if you do change it, go with a synthetic oil as it will help keep temps down in the differential. Since you drive 25k a year, that diff is doing some work! I haven't even hit 6700 miles yet.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
****....yeah its a 20 mile round trip just to the grocery store. It had 18k on it when we bough it. Been about 2 years since we purchased it. I had read the manual and got the trans fluid, the diff thing came up as I was doing a search for an online OM since I was to lazy to walk out and get mine. :) I’ll just stick with the trans for now.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
601 Posts
Although, have them check the fluid level anyway and if they recommend it, go for it. I never changed it in my camaro and it had 3 years, 100k miles and 1500 1/4 passes on it. But that's not an Acadia.

·
Super Moderator
20,132 Posts
When you do the differential fluid change, consider changing the transfer case oil at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts