GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Bose 10 speaker system and have noticed that the 3rd row speakers are not working. I even tried setting the balance to full rear and made sure the RAS was off. I also played a dvd in full sound & got nada.

Can anyone check that thiers are working.

I am going in Monday for all the recalls, will add this to the list.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: 3rd Row Speakers

that might explain something that i have noticed about mine. i have personally only sat in the front row, and i always feel like that there is too much sound coming from the front speakers. i've used the slide adjustment in the audio controls to dial in more rear bias, but it still seems to be more in the front.

i'll crawl around tonight after work and make sure all speakers are working.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts

Make sure the rear audio controls (if you have them) aren't turned on. If they are, cabin audio comes out of the front speakers only, since it's assumed the rear passengers are using headphones to listen to another audio source and the rear speakers would interfere.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

admin said:
Make sure the rear audio controls (if you have them) aren't turned on. If they are, cabin audio comes out of the front speakers only, since it's assumed the rear passengers are using headphones to listen to another audio source and the rear speakers would interfere.
I tried that & you do notice all the sound is in front when RAS is turned on, and 2nd row kicks in when RAS is turned off. But still no 3rd row sound.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Racefla said:
admin said:
I tried that & you do notice all the sound is in front when RAS is turned on, and 2nd row kicks in when RAS is turned off. But still no 3rd row sound.
i've been goofing around with this issue this weekend.....when you hit the "music symbol" button do you see the "back" lable.....if you hit the "back" lable does it accept your selection......if not, then hit the "menu" button and then select the "back" lable....i think this turns the back speakers on/off...

may or may not help

·
Registered
118 Posts

i had my kids crawl around the back, and according to them, all the speakers are working on my slt-2 with everything on it. one of the few things that works on mine that doesn't on others. seems like mine has every problem that has ever been reported.

·
Registered
497 Posts

We fiddled with our SLT-2 with DVD and rear controls this evening. To be clear, I'll use RAS for the rear of front seats controls (backside of center console) for second row passengers and RC for the rear conrols on the right side of the rear hatch.

If the RAS is "off" -- all speakers, including 3rd row, work. If I turn it on, then the third row speakers and the rear door speakers shut off--whether the "source" is the same as the front or different. However, if I have the audio up front on and RAS off, I can turn on the wireless headphones without muting the rear doors or third row speakers.

Short story...just turn off the RAS and all SLT-2 speakers should work.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Is anybody having this problem on an SLT-2 WITHOUT DVD? Just wondering because when we get one it wont have the DVD player. But it will be an SLT-2!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Gmoney_2010 said:
Is anybody having this problem on an SLT-2 WITHOUT DVD? Just wondering because when we get one it wont have the DVD player. But it will be an SLT-2!!
I'm sure when they take a look at it they will find a wire somewhere that didn't get pushed on all the way.
No need for a recall ;D

·
Registered
497 Posts

Not exactly a fix and maybe not a solution to the third row issue, but here goes....
Found a button on the NAV that I hadn't seen this evening while driving and I felt that the sound was coming all from up front.

One of the dogs had been jumping back and forth during our trip. I looked back and saw that the RAS was lit. I turned it off and that didn't change things. I hit the "menu" button on the NAV and went to the "sound" page. Noticed that with the RAS on the options didn't include the rear fade and balance options. However, there was a button that said "Rear Seat Audio Off". I touhced the button and the rear speakers came on and the front sound went down. Sounded better and more balanced.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The dealer told me they had ordered new speakers ???

Didn't say why, I didn't ask. As long as they get them working I'll be happy happy joy joy ;D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Racefla said:
The dealer told me they had ordered new speakers ???

Didn't say why, I didn't ask. As long as they get them working I'll be happy happy joy joy ;D
So after 6 weeks and 3 phone calls w/o a return call, I get someone today who got things back on track, kind of.

They had a data entry mistake and could not find that I had ever been into this dealer. Once they found me and I refreshed that they were going to order rear speakers (and call me). After the run around they called back & said that they (GM) were not shipping the speakers but were told that the radio needed to be replaced. I also told then that the airbag light has been blinking ever since the a/b recall was done.

They said bring it by ANYTIME so they could hook it up and find what radio I had & fix the light. ANYTIME I asked? Sure just take a minute. So I take a hour away from the shop and run 10 miles to this dealer. The place is deserted & I am the only one in the sign in bay. An hour later it's still waiting :angryfire: & I need to get back to work so I leave. I will drop it off Thursday and let them have it.

The Acadia's little new car bugs really have not been a big deal for me. But the dealer experience :banghead: IS wearing thin. Now a total of 5 hours waiting time with no fixes being done.

(As a self employed business owner with only 2 other employees, it's hard to get away)

:soapbox:

PS: if there has been problems enough in the field to warrant GM telling them to perform a radio replacement, check that all your speakers are working.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

OK got it fixed. We now have 3rd row sound.

Work order says: SOP Radio.

They said they replaced the radio, now the speakers work. Funny that all the presets were not lost.

Yard Work / Activity / Tailgating :beer: will be louder now.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
CONGRATS on you speakers!! Now don't run out the battery listening to them! ::)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Racefla said:
OK got it fixed. We now have 3rd row sound.

Work order says: SOP Radio.

They said they replaced the radio, now the speakers work. Funny that all the presets were not lost.

Yard Work / Activity / Tailgating :beer: will be louder now.
OK I'm happy now, 3rd row speakers are working, even put the sound on full rear to make sure.

Now 2 weeks later the dealer called me this morning and tells me they got my radio in ??? ??? ???. I told him I thought they replaced it already and the speakers were now working :banghead: WTF :eek:

I guess I'll have to tailgate :beer: tonight and check it out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I believe SOP means "Special Order Part". I don't think you got a new radio last time and this is the part they special ordered for you. Since there have been radio issues (weak FM, on-star & warning chime noise), you'll need to think about whether you want it replaced with one that is possibly better (or possibly worse if you aren't having problems).

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: 3rd Row Speakers: FIXED / Broke again

Well.......I swear those 3rd row were working. Really. Even crawled back there and felt the vibrations with my hand on the speakers.

Get home tonight and check again......Nada.

I guess it's another **** trip to the dealer and let them replace the radio.

·
Super Moderator
20,288 Posts
samessner said:
Has this problem ever been resolved? I have the same problem but it's on a '09.
Might this have something to do with 5.1 surround sound? Some music and radio stations are set up for it, others are not. In 5.1 sound, there won't be anything coming from the rear speakers if the the encoding is not there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts