Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I had one of these on my old Envoy XUV, and wanted one for the Acadia. This is a heavy duty quality vinyl overlay that is precision cut to the Acadia brake light. It covers the entire brake light and when you hit the brakes it shines ACADIA. Kinda gives it a nice touch, and makes that red brake light not so ugly if you ask me.
Well here is a photo of it.
What do you guys and gals think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow your fast. I contacted the person that made the other one. I provided him a template and he made it for me. I am still working with him. I don't want to release the source yet, until these are in main production. I will tell you all when that will be.
But do you like it?

·
Registered
730 Posts
looks nice.. :thumb:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I like that :thumb:

I would look into buying if the $$$ was right. At least it is spelled correctly and not Arcadia :angel:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would like to buy. Hey, let me know when it will be available.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
While he's at it, it might be a good idea to make some for the Enclave & Outlook. I would think the size would be the same & definitely expands his market.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, I will mention that to him. He creates them for all vehicles as he gets to them. He usually measures them himself, but was unable to get one for the acadia, so that is where I came in.
I will let you all know when they are available.

·
Registered
683 Posts
What does it look like when the brake light is not lit up? Just a soild tint? Which reminds me...I have some left over scraps from my taillight tint, maybe I have a small project to work on over the holiday vacation next week :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imgntht said:
What does it look like when the brake light is not lit up? Just a soild tint? Which reminds me...I have some left over scraps from my taillight tint, maybe I have a small project to work on over the holiday vacation next week :thumb:
I will take a photo and show you. Give me a day.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
vad1819 said:
By the way I can pick locally, I'm in Loudoun County.
The producer is in Canada.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would buy one.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GOOD NEW THEY ARE FOR SALE

:blob:
Hey everyone, I spoke to the guy who made the Brake light cover for my Acadia. He said that you can contact him directly by sending an email to [email protected].
Or wait a couple of days and it will be loaded onto his website www.custombrakelights.com.

I have no financial interest in this posting or website. I am just informing the rest of you guys and gals. ENJOY!

I will post the other picture with the brake light off tomorrow. :blob:

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
I want one. :thumb:

·
Registered
812 Posts
nyc.... very nyc...... :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is a photo of the brakes off. The normal look from behind.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've had one on my Mazda3 for 4 years. It still looks like new and works great. I only paid 6 dollars for mine though. :-\

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hmm - not a big fan of these. The light bleeds to much around the lettering, so it looks kinda clunky and sloppy IMO. I think a much hotter look would be to have the actual lighting as the logo, rather than a masked bulb array.

Of course, that would be much more $ and not worth the investment....so...as you were. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aclavelook said:
Hmm - not a big fan of these. The light bleeds to much around the lettering, so it looks kinda clunky and sloppy IMO. I think a much hotter look would be to have the actual lighting as the logo, rather than a masked bulb array.

Of course, that would be much more $ and not worth the investment....so...as you were. ;D
The producer has designed this with an almost transparent layer between the overlay and the brake light. It helps spread the light out more evenly giving it a more clean look. The overlay on my old car was not as good as this one in spreading the light, but durability wise I had it for 3 years with no problems.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts