GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a curiosirty question - Isn't the 3.6 in the Acadia a bored out version of the old GM 2.8 from the 80s? I remember that the 2.8 was increased to a 3.1 during the early 90s, and I think that is where the 3.6 came from. Or is the 3.6 just a brand new engine design.

I've also read recently that Caddilac is going to get a version of the lambda in two years, with a V8 option. :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

That’s actually a big relief for me. The old 2.8 didn't have that great of a reliability track record. I had a '87 Beretta, loved the car, but the engine became crap.

·
Registered
812 Posts
EJD1984 said:
Just a curiosirty question - Isn't the 3.6 in the Acadia a bored out version of the old GM 2.8 from the 80s? I remember that the 2.8 was increased to a 3.1 during the early 90s, and I think that is where the 3.6 came from. Or is the 3.6 just a brand new engine design.

I've also read recently that Caddilac is going to get a version of the lambda in two years, with a V8 option. :cheers:
must be an update for their SRX.... an all new one!!! cant wait especially with the V8! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
You can read up on all of GM Powertrains products here:

http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/product_services/2008/08truck.htm

The 3.4L (LNJ) would more likely be the successor to the 2.8L/3.1L motors. From the LNJ summary: RPO LNJ was developed on the solid foundation of GM’s highly successful 3100/3400 V6

The 3.6L (LY7) is a thoroughly modern DOHC 24-Valve engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts