GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone take off their engine covers and snap a couple of pictures? I am planning a intake manifold swap with my 07 G6 and I need to see the design of the manifold.

thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on ya'll, it only takes 2 minutes to take them off and snap a couple of pictures!

my 3.6.... as you can see, the intake tube goes right over the exhaust manifold drenching it in heat. With a Acadia intake manifold I could elimate this problem, I think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all,  I'm new to the forum... working on buying an Acadia right now.
Seeing the route of the intake tube makes me wonder what options there are to keep the heat away?
The Acadia is a well designed car (in fact we just sold our 07 Denali XL to get an Acadia) however, that intake pipe is a big oversight from GM engineers. :sosad:  There has to be a better way.
In fact I wonder if you could pull a few more ponies out of that engine if it could always breath cool air?
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry dude, that picture if you read my second post again is my 3.6 and if you look at my sig, I have a 2007 G6 GTP.

I posted this question because I have the problem of the intake tube being routed right over the exhaust manifold - heat soak.

But when you get your acadia, if you could, take those engine covers off(takes a couple seconds) and snap a couple of pictures so I can see if this can even be done!

This is what your Acadia engine will look like:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow. Look at me not paying enough attention. :-[ Usually I read pretty thoroughly. My Bad.
I'm not sure how soon I'll have my hands on an Acadia, but I'm not afraid, I'll see if I can snap those pics for you.
Hopefully you don't have to wait that long! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not sure if the original poster is still an active member and/or still needs the pics, but here are a few. I know they still have the heat wrap layer attached, but sorry not about to waste time taking all that apart...It certainly looks like we have a runner up over the top of the manifold where the G6's is more towards the front on the manifold.

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
looking at your G6 pics, i agree why you need to mod your intake, whoever design that kind of system need to be hanged!!!! :help: first time i seen one right over the exhaust manifold!!! yet there enough space on the right if they just transfer the batt at the other side, saves them a mile of tubing....

good luck on your mods!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes I am here! Thank you for the pictures! I completely understand why you wouldn't take the heat wrap off. Although, I can not determine much from the intake manifold without the wrap off. But thank you!!

A side note, it is quite amazing how gm seem to spend more time on the same engine in the Acadia(smaller pipe length, and intake manifold heat covers, etc.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts