GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not own a Acadia/Outlook, but am very much interested in the vehicles. I read the article from Healey of USA today paper and he said the 2nd row seats were to low for adult comfort, so I was wondering what the actual owners on this site think in regard to this statement.

·
Registered
185 Posts
we have captains chairs and they're certainly not too low. the 3rd row maybe, but not the 2nd row.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That's new. I read something that said they were too short, but not too low. I didn't think they were too low at all, neither did my husband and he's 6'.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I think the terminology is a bit confusing. The location of your head in relation to the front seat is high, it's got a little "stadium seating" design built in so it's easy to see outside from the back rows. However, the loading floor is higher than, say, minivans. So the distance from the seat bottom (where you sit) and the floor (where your feet rest) is probably an inch or two shorter than you'd expect. Since there's plenty of legroom in the second row, it doesn't bother me at all, but perhaps some don't like it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I believe what they meant was that the distance from the floor to the top of the seat cushion was such that there ended up being a lack of support under the thigh. In other words, your knees were sitting a little high. I may be way off base, but that was my interpretation. Someone who already has their vehicle can confirm or correct me on this.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This was one of the problems I noted in my review. I actually find the third row more comfortable. Compare the second row to that in a Ford Freestyle, and you'll see what they mean.

FWIW, this has been a frequent shortcoming in GM cars for at least a couple of decades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts