GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Lexus owner and Design Finishing Consultant with an expanding family, I decided to research domestically for our next vehicle as the Lambda Platform offered some interesting advantages - surprising for any of the "big 3". So while test driving a few Outlooks and Acadias, I also tested the comfort of the second row: some with bench seating and others with captains. At 6'/245 I noticed that in both cases the seat buckles dug into my ‘cheek’ a bit and those of my passengers. Unlike the flexible tethered buckles of Lexus and some Honda models that allow for better acceptance of varying body types and their comfort (as well as using different baby and booster seat designs), the comparatively taller and rigid GM buckles didn't.

Though this implementation and a few others on the Lambda never would have made it past the suggestion stage had they consulted us, there are obviously many things that were well-executed for this series... Nonetheless it would be interesting to gather some feedback so, have you or your passengers experienced any similar discomfort or ease-of-use issues with car seats/boosters via this particular buckle design?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I've had no issues with the seat belts for my family or passengers, and no seatbelt related issues with the child seat. They do seem just a bit difficult to find when you have a big winter coat on, but not enough to really complain about. My only real issue was with the non-removable Captains chair headrests that make for an awkward child seat fit.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I have second row captains chairs and thus far no one has complained about the seat belts, and I've had plenty of passengers of various shapes/sizes. I've even sat back there on a several hour road trip and have no complaints about them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
AirCeej said:
As a Lexus owner and Design Finishing Consultant with an expanding family, I decided to research domestically for our next vehicle as the Lambda Platform offered some interesting advantages - surprising for any of the "big 3". So while test driving a few Outlooks and Acadias, I also tested the comfort of the second row: some with bench seating and others with captains. At 6'/245 I noticed that in both cases the seat buckles dug into my ‘cheek’ a bit and those of my passengers. Unlike the flexible tethered buckles of Lexus and some Honda models that allow for better acceptance of varying body types and their comfort (as well as using different baby and booster seat designs), the comparatively taller and rigid GM buckles didn't.

Though this implementation and a few others on the Lambda never would have made it past the suggestion stage had they consulted us, there are obviously many things that were well-executed for this series... Nonetheless it would be interesting to gather some feedback so, have you or your passengers experienced any similar discomfort or ease-of-use issues with car seats/boosters via this particular buckle design?
We have the 2nd row bench seating and have noticed the seat belt buckles digging into our backsides as well. They are not very flexible, like the older flexible tethered buckles and I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this and is there any way they can be replaced for a tethered one, say from the rear 3rd row. Am sure you would have to order one but would like to hear what everyone else has to say on this.

Thanks, dearsmiths

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am glad that there are people out there who are not happy with the design of the second row seat belt buckles. Even my skinny children often complain and cry of being hurt because of this terrible design. I think the designers jeopardized passenger safety for offering this access to the third row. I wonder if there is a way to change them with ones similar to those in the third row.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts