GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're definitely buying an Acadia in a couple months. Can't decide on the color though. Anyway, how do the controls in the second row work? do the 2nd row passengers have access to their own radio station? I can't find any details on this. We're coming from a 2001 Odyssey and looking forward to more bells and whistles. I'm glad GM is offering a vehicle for my needs, I just didn't want to buy another minivan. Hope people here on this forum start posting more pics of their Acadias. I especially want to see the white diamond tricoat, they are not on our So. Cal lots yet.

Thanks!
Sharon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought this forum was a friendly one. Sorry if I offended somehow. Won't bother you again.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
lol!

Maybe people just dont know the answer.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
White diamond is not being produced yet.

As for 2nd row, they do get their own tuner built into the back of the armrest. Plug the headphones in and they can choose what they want to listen to.

If you search you can find a pdf versionof the owners manual online here.

We are friendly here, feel free to bother.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
My Acadia hasn't arrived, so I can't speak from experience. However, the owner's manual (which is available on line at https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home), states:

"[The Rear Seat Audio (RSA)] allows rear seat passengers to listen to and control any of the music sources: radio, CDs, DVDs, or other auxilary sources. However, the rear seat passengers can only control the music sources the front seat passengers are not listening to (except on some radios where dual control is allowed). For example, a rear seat passenger can listen to and control a CD through the headphones, while the driver listens to the radio through the front speakers. The rear seat passengers have control for each set of headphones. You can operate the RSA functions even when the main radio is off. Audio can be heard through wired headphones (not included) plugged into the jacks on the RSA. If your vehicle has this feature, audio can also be heard on Channel 2 of the wireless headphones. The audio system mutes the rear speakers when the RSA audio is active through the headphones. . . . Your vehicle may have the Rear Audio Controller (RAC). With the RAC, you can control certain radio functions."

Note that the rear audio controls are standard on the SLT-1 and SLT-2 models, and are available as an option on the SLEs.

Hope this helps. It's kind of hard to visualize without being at the controls.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
NIce, thanks kjf.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
sogreyt - Please don't get offended by the slow responses. I think it's mainly because the Acadaia is so new, most of us haven't had time to digest all of it's functions yet. I saw your post this morning and intended on playing with ours after work so I could answer it definitively. As it stand now, I've only been in the back seat of ours twice and barely touched the rear audio controls. Thanks, kjf, for stepping up and at least giving us what the manual has to say about it. If I can add anything useful after playing with it, I certainly will.

BTW, welcome to the site, sogreyt. Hopefully we'll start figuring this beast out soon and have quicker answers for you in the future.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Here's what I did one night......I crawled in the back with a cold beer in one hand & the manual in the other ;D. Checked everything out & was glad to find out I didn't have to listen to spongebob, but could use XM up front while kids watched.

The other day poster Underdog showed me a cool trick. Fold the 2nd row down & sit in the 3rd row. Instant foot rest to streach out. Not that I would ever be back there ;D...I wanna DRIVE!

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Racefla said:
The other day poster Underdog showed me a cool trick. Fold the 2nd row down & sit in the 3rd row. Instant foot rest to streach out. Not that I would ever be back there ;D...I wanna DRIVE!
Before I stumbled on the Acadias, I was looking closesy at getting a Nissan Pathfinder. I took my 15 year old son to the dealership to try out the back seat. When my son complained about the lack of leg room, the salesman folded down the middle arm rest on the second row (which leaves a narrow gap between the two outboard seats), and said, "Just sit in the middle of the third row and put your feet up here and you'll have plenty of room." (The third row only has two seat belts, so this left my son sitting in the middle without a belt.) :eek: I never went back.

Kelly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Thank YOU all for responding! I only posted because I thought this was a friendly group and now you've proved it. I understand now about the WDT color not being posted yet. As for the radio controls, that is what I assumed they would do that. I went to the mygmlink link and you have to be an owner to register, I believe. I need to order a car before I can get into that area. Otherwise I would be ALL over that pdf... That post about putting the seat backs down is a great idea.My high schooler will be happy with that feature..;D
One of the main buying factors for us was the space in the back: is it tall enough for my greyhound? Believe it or not, not many fall into this category. The only other car that satisfied all our requirements was another Honda Odyssey and getting another minivan just made me sad.

How about a thread being started about all the surprises and happy details that the Acadia presents?

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
sogreyt said:
I went to the mygmlink link and you have to be an owner to register, I believe. I need to order a car before I can get into that area. Otherwise I would be ALL over that pdf...
You do have to register. You don't have to be an owner (just leave the VIN blank).

Kelly

·
Registered
23 Posts
sogreyt said:
One of the main buying factors for us was the space in the back: is it tall enough for my greyhound? Believe it or not, not many fall into this category. The only other car that satisfied all our requirements was another Honda Odyssey and getting another minivan just made me sad.
I bought this car because we have 2 big boxers...and I can tell you, they fit comfortably in the back once the third row is down. I had our 75 pound puppy (yes, he really is a puppy...only 11 months) in the back...back (third row was up) and he had JUST enough room...but it was tight. No way could I get both in there with the third row up.

Hope this helps!

And I happen to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new car.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts