GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The test drive was on an Enclave but I'm posting this gquestion due to more seat time on most Acadia's vs. the Enclaves.

Went out on a 30 min test drive with a person in the second row captain seats. During the ride the person noted the smaller feeling seat and the seat was not that comfortable for longer trips.

Any thougths or comments on the captain seats? Are the seats optimize for getting in the 3rd row vs longterm riding comfort for an adult?

Next time we take it out I and my wife will have to sit in the back for a longer time not just to check the leg room.

No we will not be in the back at the same time.....checking out the seats

I will post this in the Acadia site. More seat time in the Acadia and not sure it is the same seat.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My hubby, sister and I test drove an enclave and acadia in the same day. We all agreed that the acadia was more spacious and by far more comfortable. My sister is even small and she thought the enclave was uncomfortable and cramped. the 3rd row was even worse, there was a lot less head clearance in the enclave in the 3rd row... the driver couldn't see over the person sitting in the last row.

Heather

·
Registered
123 Posts
the seat is not smaller it is the same seat in all 3 lambdas. perhaps they were not used to the plushness/luxury of the enclave. the only difference between all 3 is the quality of padding and the quality of leather/cloth used. the enclave by far has the better quality materials. there may be a slight 1 - 2 inches in the head room in the rear and that is only due to the curves that the enclave has.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bhpeters said:
My hubby, sister and I test drove an enclave and acadia in the same day. We all agreed that the acadia was more spacious and by far more comfortable. My sister is even small and she thought the enclave was uncomfortable and cramped. the 3rd row was even worse, there was a lot less head clearance in the enclave in the 3rd row... the driver couldn't see over the person sitting in the last row.

Heather
Uncomfortable and cramped in what seat?

·
Registered
125 Posts
felt cramped in all seats except the front 2. captains chairs and 3rd row both felt cramped somehow. i can't explain why, i expected them to be the same, or better in the enclave. It just seemed like we breathed easier and could relax more once we got into the acadia... drove the enclave first. front 2 seats were GREAT... the leather feels a little different in each, not bad, just different. interior styling was more upscale in the enclave... we like that the enclave doesn't have the bright chrome vents shining in your eyes...

Heather

·
Registered
148 Posts
love the 2nd row captains chairs. Drove 8 hours in them and was the most comfortable ride have ever had in a vehicle.

·
Registered
468 Posts
bhpeters said:
felt cramped in all seats except the front 2. captains chairs and 3rd row both felt cramped somehow. i can't explain why, i expected them to be the same, or better in the enclave. It just seemed like we breathed easier and could relax more once we got into the acadia...
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me since the dimensions are nearly identical EXCEPT the third row comment. There is 1+ inch less headroom in the third row of the Enclave and it is definitely noticeable. We still chose the Enclave since we do not use the third row that often.

·
Registered
125 Posts
it didn't make sense to me either. i was hoping to like the enclave better because of the longer bumper-to-bumper warranty and the lack of chrome shining in your eyes. but that's what the 3 of us experienced in all honesty. some will like enclave better, others will like acadia. they're both wonderful examples of American engineering. :)

congrats on your enclave!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any chance the Acadia had dual sunroof while the Enclave did not? If so, it could easily explain the vague feeling of being more cramped and uncomfortable.

·
Registered
125 Posts
actually the opposite. the enclave we drove had dual sunroof, the acadia had no sunroof. should have been far more cramped in the acadia, but had opposite sensation... i know, doesn't make sense. its actually part of what convinced me that we didn't need to pay for a sunroof with our acadia order.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I spent six hours in my sons denali in the third row and have spent time in my acadia in the third row seat and the leg room and head room are about the same.

·
Registered
468 Posts
bhpeters said:
actually the opposite. the enclave we drove had dual sunroof, the acadia had no sunroof. should have been far more cramped in the acadia, but had opposite sensation... i know, doesn't make sense. its actually part of what convinced me that we didn't need to pay for a sunroof with our acadia order.
Not necessarily. I don't remember the Lambda specs but don't most vehicles lose headroom when you add a sunroof? The mechanism has to go somewhere, and it does not stick out above the vehicle. I suspect you just hit on your answer and did not realize it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wondered about that possibility too, but usually the "look" of the sunroof makes one feel less congested, even if they lose an inch or so of headroom. Who knows, that could be part of it. Another part is that the Enclave, because of the swooping lines and thicker insulation materials, is a tiny bit smaller in the interior... on the order of a half inch or so length and width, and an inch or more headroom lost in the 3rd row.

But the seats and layout are essentially identical, with the only real difference being quality of materials (well, the Enclave does lose about half an inch in the second row due to the above mentioned reasons).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts