GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's what's going on. I recently replaced the 60 part of the rear bench in my 09 Acadia with one out of a 2010 Traverse. So I was able to get the old destroyed bench out and the new to me one in and everything looks good its all buttoned up correctly, except that the new bench slides about 1/2 in forward and back on its tracks. I've looked through a service manual for the Enclave and I haven't found much describing how the rear seat track works. Was wondering if any of you guys knew where to start looking to fix this bench.

There also is another option. How easy would it be to take the good upholstery from the new bench and transfer it to the known good tack from the old one.

Thanks in advance for any help on this one!

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
I know ive seen zippers on the seats.. or seatbacks.
Could some lube help out?

·
Registered
423 Posts
@donnelwd: I'm confused. Do you mean the bench barely moves, or that it's loose and moves a 1/2" either way when it should be rock solid?

And why did you mention the Enclave when you're driving an Acadia and transferred seats from a Traverse?

As for your question about transferring the upholstery from one seat to the other ... a Member on the Equinox Forum replaced the upholstery on his seats with a product from Katzkin. He didn't seem to have much trouble doing it. I didn't get the impression it was terribly difficult.

You can't attach the replacement seats to the existing metal hardware underneath?

Lastly - can you post pictures of any of this? I'm curious what it looks like ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts