GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it finally came in.....but after 70 miles the back rest on one of the middle captains chairs will not lock in the upright position. Any ideas? The seat bottom is in place (locked) and the seat tries to lay flat. The way it is stuck the other control will not allow it to flip forward out of the way either.

Very disappointing to have one of the seats broke and flopping around on the first holiday outing.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
All these seats motions are driven by very thin cables.

They ar enot scrwed into place butmore or less held into place using a twist and lock method. However, they unlock very easily. If I was you I would take a lok under the seat for any loose hanging cables and it will be obvious where it came from if its lose.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If I understand your issue correctly, I had this happen to me the other day. I just pulled the release again (to fold the seat flat, not the smart slide) and after that, it would lock in the upright position.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Try releasing the seat by pulling the seatback handle, slide forward and then slide back to lock in place. I had to perform this maneuver to get my seat to lock in place. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I played with it more this morning and got it back in sequence. We must have pulled both the slide and seat back controls at the same time and got them out of sequence somehow. If the back will not lock vertical, the slide mechanism will not initiate. I pushed on the slide handle while pushing the seat upright and it finally locked in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts