GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GMC Acadia Denali
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a 2021 Acadia Denali for six months now and love it! The only issue is on three separate occasions now the gauges and screen turn off and turn back on with a sweep like on start up while driving. On the three times it's done it the gauges will cycle like that three or four times. The dealer looked and didn't see anything. Any tsbs or has this has happened to anyone else? I've also noticed the HUD flickers when driving under streetlights at night.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've owned a 2021 Acadia Denali for six months now and love it! The only issue is on three separate occasions now the gauges and screen turn off and turn back on with a sweep like on start up while driving. On the three times it's done it the gauges will cycle like that three or four times. The dealer looked and didn't see anything. Any tsbs or has this has happened to anyone else? I've also noticed the HUD flickers when driving under streetlights at night.
Yes, I too have had the instrument cluster as well as the infotainment system go dark while driving at night. I don't remember the gauges sweeping as on startup. Did yours turn dark while driving at night or during the day?

·
Super Moderator
23,605 Posts
I believe the HUD adjusts itself depending on the amount of outside light. Makes sense one would see a change of intensity when passing from street light to street light.

·
Super Moderator
23,605 Posts
Can you tur
I wonder, is it possible to set it manually only, no auto adjustment...?
The XT5 HUD has an intensity adjustment (dimmer knob). Don't know if that also changes sensitivity to outside light. (HUD is the first thing I learned to turn OFF when I got in the XT5 for its test drive. ;) I didn't want it in the Acadia, either.)

·
Registered
2021 GMC Acadia Denali
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I too have had the instrument cluster as well as the infotainment system go dark while driving at night. I don't remember the gauges sweeping as on startup. Did yours turn dark while driving at night or during the day?
It's done it during the day and at night as well for me

·
Registered
2021 GMC Acadia Denali
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe the HUD adjusts itself depending on the amount of outside light. Makes sense one would see a change of intensity when passing from street light to street light.
I had a HUD in my 18 lacrosse and it did change the intensity as I drove under streetlights but it never flickered when it did it. The Acadia does seem to transition a lot faster though.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Acadia Denali - 12000 Miles.
46 Posts
With the issue im having in my 21 acadia denali with water getting in and wrecking the BCM module, i wouldn't be shocked if others are having similar issues because of this potential water leakage.. Check my post in the other forum.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
With the issue im having in my 21 acadia denali with water getting in and wrecking the BCM module, i wouldn't be shocked if others are having similar issues because of this potential water leakage.. Check my post in the other forum.
Did they find out where and how the water is getting in?

Is it a window seal issue or sun roof drain leak?

·
Registered
2021 GMC Acadia Denali - 12000 Miles.
46 Posts
Did they find out where and how the water is getting in?

Is it a window seal issue or sun roof drain leak?
Unknown so far, car is still at the dealership. I went there today to get my baseball stuff out of the car and saw they had the bottom of the dash open (it was in the middle seats).. I dont expect to have it back til possibly late next week. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.