GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
...There were also a good number of cars that had multiple carbs, took a good bit of effort to keep those in sync...
Amen to that! My first experience with multiple carbs was on a Triumph GT6 Mk3.

Two Stromberg (IIRC) side draft carbs on a split manifold (1 carb fed cylinders 1-3-5 the other 2-4-6). Carbs would not hold a setting for much more than a week and when out of sync it idled like dog droppings and didn't run much better under throttle. I was adjusting them so often I could do it by ear versus using any instrumentation.

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
Amen to that! My first experience with multiple carbs was on a Triumph GT6 Mk3.
Mine was a BMW 1800Ti with two 2-barrel Solex side-drafts. The carbs were split and bolted directly to the head. I balanced mine by ear using a piece of garden hose to listen for the pitch of air rushing through at lean best idle.

·
Registered
459 Posts
two 2-barrel Solex side-drafts.
I always had a suspicion the continual adjustments had something to do with the design or basic characteristics of side draft carbs. Never had anywhere near as much tweaking to do with any down draft carbs on any of the cars that had them.

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
I always had a suspicion the continual adjustments had something to do with the design or basic characteristics of side draft carbs. Never had anywhere near as much tweaking to do with any down draft carbs on any of the cars that had them.
I think the Stromberg side-drafts were more notorious for that than the Solex ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quick update-

Day13 since I left car at the dealership.

Dealer ordered the complete replacement infotainment system as GM advised him that this was the best option. I got a call from the service manager last Wednesday morning saying the part was in and they should have me ready to pick up the car later that afternoon. He called me back an hour later and said GM sent the screen only and not the whole unit, said they were going to reorder and asked me the standby for a progress update.

Got a text from him yesterday apologizing saying the part was now on back order.

At least the Subaru Crosstrek loaner car is a lot of fun to drive!

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
Got a text from him yesterday apologizing saying the part was now on back order.
Wondering what 'part' is on back order and how many parts are involved with a "complete" Infotainment system. AFAIK, there's at least a display, an HMI module, and a receiver (radio). Could there be more to it than that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wondering what 'part' is on back order and how many parts are involved with a "complete" Infotainment system. AFAIK, there's at least a display, an HMI module, and a receiver (radio). Could there be more to it than that?
Not sure. They said that only the "screen" came in and not the complete replacement unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two ways to reboot it, turn off the car open the drivers door for 3 minutes shut the door turn on the car, or turn off the car get out and shut the door at least 3 minutes start the car with remote start with the key fob get in the car and hit the start button. Do not open any door but the drivers door in the last process and only close it after getting out and open to get back in. Both of these should reset the infotainment system.

Caveat is this is how to reset current gen Cadillac CUE but I'm pretty sure most of the new GM infotainment systems work the same.

If that doesn't work take it in.
Im having a similar issue but the screen is saying “Locked” the reset method was not working for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 month update- dealer said they received the radio and should have it installed sometime this week. Hopefully this will be the fix and I'll get the car back soon.

I did call them about 2 weeks ago and asked them to let me have the car back and I'll bring it back in when the radio came in. Service guy said they couldn't release the car back to me because the back- up camera wasn't working (part of the original issue) and is was a safety issue.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts