GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, this seems to be a common issue for Acadias. A/C blows at outside air temp on driver side while passenger side blows at control setting temp. My understanding is this is usually due to the driver side blend door actuator not working. I can find info and videos for 1st gen Acadias on how to replace this, but the 2nd gen Acadias are nothing like the previous model. Does anyone have a link or knowledge of where the blend door actuator is on the 2nd gen models? I have taken apart some of the “stuff” under the driver side dash, but do not see the actuator as it looks on 1st gen. I also checked all HVAC fuses and tried to initiate the recalibration but that does not appear to work as it did on the 1st gen either. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: It appears all driver side actuators are moving. The very bottom one, which I believe to be the blend door actuator, moves when I switch from cold to hot (and blows hot out the vents) and back again. I wonder if it gets stuck before moving to the cold side. Still have not found the recal procedure for the 2nd gen. I also read that some vehicles were having issues with warped cases, I sure hope that was not a 2nd gen issue (article didn't state MYs). I would like to try the recalibration first to see if that clears up the issue.
Any update on your repair?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your expensive response, I kinda came to the same conclusion by buying the recharge kit from a local store. It got better but it was still cooler on the passenger side. I should bite the bullet and go get mine evacuated and recharged properly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts