GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any new updates? My 2017 gmc acadia is doing this same thing. The rear and drivers side cold blows warmer than the passenger side. But they move to hot ok. Anybody know the correct procedure for recalibration on the actuators?. Or know the exact locations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered a new blend door actuator. I'm just gonna install it and see what happens. I'll post back in a week or two after i get it. I talked the the dealership and they were no help. Not giving any information. They just want me to pay to get it checked. But the parts dept at the dealership gave me a print out of the locations and part number. He suggested i just install it and see how it does.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Latest update. I changed both blend door actuators on the drivers side and still nothing has changed. About 30 degrees warmer on drivers side in cool mode. Passenger side still gets cold. So unless the 2 actuators i haven't changed yet on the passenger side has anything to do with it than im gonna guess its freon. Mine takes R1234yf. I noticed that it has a large port by the firewall and a large port up front by radiator. I didnt see any small ports yet. $140 bucks at autozone for a small 20oz can. Way more expensive than the others. My question is does this 2017 acadia with 2018 air conditioning system have dual low pressure ports? Is the long one standing up by the firewall for different side? Thnx

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok. I just bought a gauge adapter and refrigerant and checked the low side pressure. It reads 30psi. So now i know tht the R1234yf is fine. I guess i better return the refrigerant can. So my next thing is to change one of the actuators on the passenger side. See where that goes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Latest update on my 2017 acadia. I finally got my drivers side blowing cold again. So what it ended up being was the 30psi low side pressure needs to be around 40psi to 45psi maybe even upto 50psi.. I found out that it was too low on these 90 degree plus days. Im sitting at 40 psi now. Drivers side and passenger side is really cold. The cabin is still cool but not cold. So i think im gonna add alittle more r-1234yf to get the pressure up alittle higher. Maybe alittle oil also. Apparently it had enough refrigerant to run the passenger side but not enough to run the drivers side or rear cabin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts