GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, this seems to be a common issue for Acadias. A/C blows at outside air temp on driver side while passenger side blows at control setting temp. My understanding is this is usually due to the driver side blend door actuator not working. I can find info and videos for 1st gen Acadias on how to replace this, but the 2nd gen Acadias are nothing like the previous model. Does anyone have a link or knowledge of where the blend door actuator is on the 2nd gen models? I have taken apart some of the “stuff” under the driver side dash, but do not see the actuator as it looks on 1st gen. I also checked all HVAC fuses and tried to initiate the recalibration but that does not appear to work as it did on the 1st gen either. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: It appears all driver side actuators are moving. The very bottom one, which I believe to be the blend door actuator, moves when I switch from cold to hot (and blows hot out the vents) and back again. I wonder if it gets stuck before moving to the cold side. Still have not found the recal procedure for the 2nd gen. I also read that some vehicles were having issues with warped cases, I sure hope that was not a 2nd gen issue (article didn't state MYs). I would like to try the recalibration first to see if that clears up the issue.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Having the same issue, also including my rear AC as well blowing warmer air. Only the passenger side blows ice cold. This is on my 2019. I hooked my computer up and did a calibration and test and it all appears to work but still did not fix the issue. I can actuate the right blend door and it will work, but I can not actuate the left blend door with my computer which I find odd. It just randomly started doing this a couple days ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any new updates? My 2017 gmc acadia is doing this same thing. The rear and drivers side cold blows warmer than the passenger side. But they move to hot ok. Anybody know the correct procedure for recalibration on the actuators?. Or know the exact locations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, this seems to be a common issue for Acadias. A/C blows at outside air temp on driver side while passenger side blows at control setting temp. My understanding is this is usually due to the driver side blend door actuator not working. I can find info and videos for 1st gen Acadias on how to replace this, but the 2nd gen Acadias are nothing like the previous model. Does anyone have a link or knowledge of where the blend door actuator is on the 2nd gen models? I have taken apart some of the “stuff” under the driver side dash, but do not see the actuator as it looks on 1st gen. I also checked all HVAC fuses and tried to initiate the recalibration but that does not appear to work as it did on the 1st gen either. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: It appears all driver side actuators are moving. The very bottom one, which I believe to be the blend door actuator, moves when I switch from cold to hot (and blows hot out the vents) and back again. I wonder if it gets stuck before moving to the cold side. Still have not found the recal procedure for the 2nd gen. I also read that some vehicles were having issues with warped cases, I sure hope that was not a 2nd gen issue (article didn't state MYs). I would like to try the recalibration first to see if that clears up the issue.
Any update on your repair?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered a new blend door actuator. I'm just gonna install it and see what happens. I'll post back in a week or two after i get it. I talked the the dealership and they were no help. Not giving any information. They just want me to pay to get it checked. But the parts dept at the dealership gave me a print out of the locations and part number. He suggested i just install it and see how it does.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was experiencing the same problems, warm air drivers side (74 F) and cold air passengers side (55 F), outside air temp in the mid 90's. I replaced the cabin air filter which did not change the AC air temp. I had local shop test the system and they told me there was nothing wrong with the actuator doors, said everything checked out electrically and recommended the system be bled and re-charged.

I was a little hesitant to head this direction based on this thread, what I had read, and the fact that if I was low on refrigerant I would not expect to see the passenger side so cold. Shop response, low refrigerant would allow the first part of the system to receive cold air but there would not be enough cold air to make it to drivers side and back seat. I questioned this rationale, but went ahead and had them check the refrigerant level.

$697 later I now have very cold air throughout my Acadia. They said it was running on about 50% refrigerant capacity. So far they have been unable to detect a leak but dye was added and I am supposed to return in 2 weeks to see if a leak can be detected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your expensive response, I kinda came to the same conclusion by buying the recharge kit from a local store. It got better but it was still cooler on the passenger side. I should bite the bullet and go get mine evacuated and recharged properly

·
Registered
17 Posts
Latest update. I changed both blend door actuators on the drivers side and still nothing has changed. About 30 degrees warmer on drivers side in cool mode. Passenger side still gets cold. So unless the 2 actuators i haven't changed yet on the passenger side has anything to do with it than im gonna guess its freon. Mine takes R1234yf. I noticed that it has a large port by the firewall and a large port up front by radiator. I didnt see any small ports yet. $140 bucks at autozone for a small 20oz can. Way more expensive than the others. My question is does this 2017 acadia with 2018 air conditioning system have dual low pressure ports? Is the long one standing up by the firewall for different side? Thnx

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok. I just bought a gauge adapter and refrigerant and checked the low side pressure. It reads 30psi. So now i know tht the R1234yf is fine. I guess i better return the refrigerant can. So my next thing is to change one of the actuators on the passenger side. See where that goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 Acadia Denali A/C cold air temps. coming out of center discharge vents were 51 F on the drivers side and 71 F on the passengers side with lowest temp. settings selected. Discharge air temp. increased/decreased with temp. setting changes, but would not get any colder than previously mentioned with or without sync turned on. So blend door appeared to be doing what it should be doing in my opinion. The freon gauge was right at the bottom of the "green" area on the freon gauge. I added one 12.5 oz. can of freon and the freon gauge moved up into the middle of the "green" area on the gauge. Vent discharge temps. are now 46 F on the drivers side and 45 F on the passengers side, which is where they should be for the outside air temp. on that day. Cold air must be distributed on a first come first serve basis within the vent system and when the cold air is used up all other down stream vents will be starved for cold air. Total invested, $47.00 and about 1 hour of my time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Latest update on my 2017 acadia. I finally got my drivers side blowing cold again. So what it ended up being was the 30psi low side pressure needs to be around 40psi to 45psi maybe even upto 50psi.. I found out that it was too low on these 90 degree plus days. Im sitting at 40 psi now. Drivers side and passenger side is really cold. The cabin is still cool but not cold. So i think im gonna add alittle more r-1234yf to get the pressure up alittle higher. Maybe alittle oil also. Apparently it had enough refrigerant to run the passenger side but not enough to run the drivers side or rear cabin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts