GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up 4 Blizzak DM-Z3 snow tires in a 235/65R18 size. This was the only thing even close that I could find. I don't mind that its approx 3/4"narrower and 1" lower in height. Only makes the car sit 1/2"lower. Way better winter traction and maybe with a little lower gearing I'll pick up a touch more zip.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you/will you have the dealer reprogram the computer to compensate for the change in odometer readings this would bring?

Why not the 265/60-18 Blizzaks?? They would reportedly only make a 1 mph difference at 65 mph and only be 1 cm wider, making it .5 cm wider on each side, not enough perhaps to cause rubbing.

TM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't mind if my speedo or odometer readings are off a bit. Speed will be off 2mph no big deal. I don't think you can put a wider tire on an Acadia...........the factory tire comes really close to the front struts? A narrow tire will work better in the snow. IMO Not a big fan of big wide tires for winter and 235mm is plenty. I'm currently waiting for my Acadia to be shiiped...........the build date was yesterday.

Here's the difference between the factory tires and the 235/65R18's at 65mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree that the narrower tire will do better in snow, and I agree that the wider tire will most likely rub. I have the 18s and AWD so I am sticking with the factory tire as based on the ratings and reviews on tirerack, it looks like a very good M+S for snow. And they are brand new.

I am hoping that in a year or two there are some snow tire options for the exact size. I bet there will be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts