GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased 2022 SLE 4cyl turbo Acadia looking to hear from other owners and get feedback on the MPG I can expect from this newer 4cyl Turbo, my 2018 V6bthat I traded recently was getting 19 to 20 mpg combined.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
A lot will depend on how you drive is, short trips, stop and go traffic, etc
The turbo is great, but only if you can keep your gas pedal foot out of the turbo boost.
If not . . . . expect the same or worse MPG that your V6 got.

We are getting 22 to 24 MPG mixed in town and some rural road driving in our 2019 with the 3.6L LGX V6 engine.

We recently made a 2,500 mile trip in the Acadia and averaged 27.5 MPG. At a few of the refuel stops along the way we hand calculated 28.6 MPG (325 miles) and one fill up at 29.2 MPG (221 miles) . The hills in Tennessee and parts of Alabama ding MPG as does having to keep up with traffic flow going +75 MPH at times.

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
... looking to hear from other owners and get feedback on the MPG I can expect from this newer 4cyl Turbo, ...
The EPA estimate already gives you an indication of what kind of fuel economy to expect if you're a reasonable driver. Any deviation from what's on the EPA sticker depends on the driver's habits and driving conditions other than those in the EPA testing protocol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The EPA estimate already gives you an indication of what kind of fuel economy to expect if you're a reasonable driver. Any deviation from what's on the EPA sticker depends on the driver's habits and driving conditions other than those in the EPA testing protocol.
Thanks for your feedback!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts