GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently leased a '22 AT4 in Midnight Blue, and am impressed. Having leased a Trailblazer, Avalanche (owned for 9 years), Silverado and Sierra crew cab over the past 17 years, things have gotten a lot better.. Over the years I've gotten used to living with a V8, but the 3.6 has come a long way from it's early days, as has the transmission.

The vehicle is surprisingly fun to drive, which is something I didn't expect. It isn't fast, but quick enough, and handles well. The front end can be a bit squirrely in 2-wheel drive, but it has good power. It reminds me of the '97 Grand Prix GTP coupe my Dad leased back in the day, minus a bit of grunt/handling.

My vehicle ended up shipping with all options (heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel), except for the parking sensors. Not an issue, probably will hold out for a while once they are available.

Have to add that my daughter's boyfriend thinks it's pretty cool, saying the same several times to her. That's after I turned in the '19 Sierra Crew with most options. I get it.

Has anyone dealt with random "press to talk" activation while driving? It seems to think I'm pressing the button on the steering wheel at random times while driving.

Also had a "service parking brake" issue initially, but that was fixed by cycling the parking brake. It likely hadn't calibrated things.

-Derek

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
Has anyone dealt with random "press to talk" activation while driving? It seems to think I'm pressing the button on the steering wheel at random times while driving.
Welcome to the forum.
Read through this thread and the link embedded in it. Voice Recognition Randomly Activating.

Please learn how to use the forum's 'search community' function. If you choose good keywords, you'll likely find multiple discussions about most any issue. Sometimes members will even post what was done to resolve the problem. Most of the problems get posted in the proper area of the Technical Discussions section.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I recently leased a '22 AT4 in Midnight Blue, and am impressed. Having leased a Trailblazer, Avalanche (owned for 9 years), Silverado and Sierra crew cab over the past 17 years, things have gotten a lot better.. Over the years I've gotten used to living with a V8, but the 3.6 has come a long way from it's early days, as has the transmission.

The vehicle is surprisingly fun to drive, which is something I didn't expect. It isn't fast, but quick enough, and handles well. The front end can be a bit squirrely in 2-wheel drive, but it has good power. It reminds me of the '97 Grand Prix GTP coupe my Dad leased back in the day, minus a bit of grunt/handling.

My vehicle ended up shipping with all options (heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel), except for the parking sensors. Not an issue, probably will hold out for a while once they are available.

Have to add that my daughter's boyfriend thinks it's pretty cool, saying the same several times to her. That's after I turned in the '19 Sierra Crew with most options. I get it.

Also had a "service parking brake" issue initially, but that was fixed by cycling the parking brake. It likely hadn't calibrated things.

-Derek
Welcome. Glad you are enjoying the Acadia AT4.
I recall there were a few owners who had a " random "press to talk" activation while driving " .

If you enter those terms in the search box function at the top the the thread it may reveal some mention of this.

·
Read Only
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Read through this thread and the link embedded in it. Voice Recognition Randomly Activating.

Please learn how to use the forum's 'search community' function. If you choose good keywords, you'll likely find multiple discussions about most any issue. Sometimes members will even post what was done to resolve the problem. Most of the problems get posted in the proper area of the Technical Discussions section.
I've been using internet forums for ~25 years, and am familiar with their search functions. Have also performed a general google search, as well as peroused the link you provided, giving me no help. The problem as it is, continues. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
... The problem as it is, continues. Thanks!
Maybe someone will post a resolution to the problem in one of those threads once GM finds one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts