GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new 2021 AT4 started making buzzy vibrating noise when braking. Its intermittent. My spouse had me get in the passenger side and video the event. It happens twice right away and I got it on video. It then stopped but I’m sure it will resume reminds me of a barbers electric clipper humm or buzz. You can feel a little vibration also. Taking to dealer on Friday.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That is a weird one. Sounds a lot like a bad wheel bearing or tread noise like a low tire would have. The dealer should be able to figure that one out pretty easy. Please let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new 2021 AT4 started making buzzy vibrating noise when braking. Its intermittent. My spouse had me get in the passenger side and video the event. It happens twice right away and I got it on video. It then stopped but I’m sure it will resume reminds me of a barbers electric clipper humm or buzz. You can feel a little vibration also. Taking to dealer on Friday
What was issue . Same issue I am having. I ly had mine for 3weeks. Same make model and year

·
Registered
2020 GMC Terrain 2021 Acadia Denali Ultimate 2016 Corvette Stingray
37 Posts
It's probably the brakes, newly mandated brakes/rotors, they eliminated the copper due to environmental reasons, and they make noise, usually until warmed up. Mine sounded like they were metal on metal. For the first 4 or 5 stops. Then goes away. I did a few more high speed braking bed ins. It is much better now. I have 1100 miles.
The Colorado/Canyon forum talks a lot about it on brand new trucks. GM doesn't know what to do yet. I was told by my dealer it should go away by 3 or 4 thousand miles, if not, then they will look into changing rotors or pads maybe.

-Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
On vacation a long way from my dealer upstate NY. Picked up the 21 AT4 less then two weeks ago. The brake noise started today with just under 1300 miles on it. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not. I'm is SC so a long drive back has me a little concerned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new 2021 AT4 started making buzzy vibrating noise when braking. Its intermittent. My spouse had me get in the passenger side and video the event. It happens twice right away and I got it on video. It then stopped but I’m sure it will resume reminds me of a barbers electric clipper humm or buzz. You can feel a little vibration also. Taking to dealer on Friday.
I’ve noticed this with my 2021 Acadia Denali as well. What did the dealership tell you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts