GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Everyone watch the YouTube video? If not,

Adrenaline mode, crab mode, ultra vision cameras, superfast charging, ultium batteries, nextgen super cruise, infinity roof and modular sky panels.

Sure, the Hummer truck is cool and all, reminds me of the Avalanche, but the SUV? How YOU doin?!

Ready to trade in your Acadia for it? Discuss below.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Little to discuss, nothing I would buy. Wheels look very similar to the 2021 Acadia Elevation. I suspect there will be multiple wheel options.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
124 Posts
Once you have spent considerable time in a US Army Humvee the site of anything related brings back such cramped, sweaty, uncomfortable memories that anything having that name is ever an option!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Uh, nope, not my taste

·
Registered
943 Posts
I don't know about my taste, but with up to 1000 HP, it certainly won't be within my budget!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on guys, electric is the future! This behemoth will have 1000hp (equivalent) and do 0-60 in 3 seconds! As for being anything similar to what the military has, forget that mess. This will be roomy and spacious! As for price, just guessing here but I would put it at about 55-60k. Thats just a couple grand more than an Acadia Denali. Well within budget.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Come on guys, electric is the future! This behemoth will have 1000hp (equivalent) and do 0-60 in 3 seconds! As for being anything similar to what the military has, forget that mess. This will be roomy and spacious! As for price, just guessing here but I would put it at about 55-60k. Thats just a couple grand more than an Acadia Denali. Well within budget.
Definitely agree that electric is the future! As for this behemoth I will keep an open mind and let the cards fall where they may when it comes out. My Aunt had the H2 and it was HUGE!! I will say that driving that thing can make you feel like the king of the road so I expect this one will as well. Not a bad thing I guess. If they can keep it in the 55-60k range and it cranks 1000hp then I would be lying if I said that I wouldn’t secretly consider it!! ;)

·
Registered
699 Posts
While electric might be the future, I'm old. I love gas motors, likely always will. Not saying I won't make that switch one day... but no concerns to do so.
Also, I don't need 1000HP by any means. 310HP is not crazy power, but it is still an SUV.
Looks are most important, and Hummers are simply not my taste.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I don't think I would buy one. . Maybe rent one some day ?
Mucho Powah.jpg

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Doesn't matter how much HP, how quick a 0-60 time or how much it costs.....it's ugly. The silhouette looks like a Corvair on steroids. Would much rather have a Grand Cherokee Tackhawk.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Doesn't matter how much HP, how quick a 0-60 time or how much it costs.....it's ugly. The silhouette looks like a Corvair on steroids. Would much rather have a Grand Cherokee Tackhawk.
Maannn, this 8000lb road tank will eat a trackhawk for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And still have enough leftover to eat at Outback!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maannn, this 8000lb road tank will eat a trackhawk for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And still have enough leftover to eat at Outback!
Mic Drop!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Are you sure you aren’t a salesman for these guys! I am ready to discuss trim level and options all of a sudden!!! 3 hours ago I said never and now I am drinking the 1000hp electric cool aid and liking the way it tastes! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You would think right? No, I just try to bring awareness to the electric industry and persuade people that what's coming out now is not the turtle racing cars of yesterday with 0-60 time slower then minute rice. Plus, those with range anxiety need to realize that once you get into the habit of charging at home every night, the same as you would a cell phone, range is an after thought.

But lest we not forget, the Ford Mach E is 60k fully optioned out in GT form with AWD. The F150 Electric (hopefully called the Lightning) will be out next fall. And Dodge, who knows what they will do but plan on it being a BIG DEAL. I think ford should bring back the Fox bodystyle when the mustang goes electric. And for its reveal, show all these wheelstanding, 8 second, sideways drifting cars ripping the streets up and say "this is the foxbody you have come to know and love. this is when we were slow. Now comes the 2022 Mustang Fox-E. 1500hp, 0-60 in 2 seconds, 400 mile range, 0-100% charging in 15 minutes, starting price $30,000". You damn right the mic would drop!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doesn't matter how much HP, how quick a 0-60 time or how much it costs.....it's ugly. The silhouette looks like a Corvair on steroids. Would much rather have a Grand Cherokee Trackhawk.
Actually, I apologize doug. The trackhawk would be a great ride, and has a lot of power and room for 4. If you want to choose a Jeep over a GMC, then I have to respect that. Not everyone is ready for electric or will even like the look of them. So accept my apology for lashing out saying this GMC will utterly destroy a trackhawk. At the end of the day, it's what makes you enjoy driving that matters, not who makes it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
...range is an after thought.
Not if you do road trips - it's a very real issue then. Once EVs have the same support infrastructure as ICEs (no proprietary or membership only charging stations), have a minimum 300 mile range regardless of season, and can recharge from empty to full in 10 minutes then, and only then, will they be a viable replacement. Having the electronic equivalent of a 1 gallon gas can would be a plus.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Probably but it's ugly. If a 1000 hp were important to me, there are multiple options....but it's not.

Actually, I apologize doug. The trackhawk would be a great ride, and has a lot of power and room for 4. If you want to choose a Jeep over a GMC, then I have to respect that. Not everyone is ready for electric or will even like the look of them. So accept my apology for lashing out saying this GMC will utterly destroy a trackhawk. At the end of the day, it's what makes you enjoy driving that matters, not who makes it.
Nothing to apologize for. You seem to be turned on by electric cars. That's fine, so far they are not for me.

I have no loyalty to any one automaker. I buy whatever appeals to me at the time I am ready for a new vehicle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts