GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still no solution? Mines been doing it since day one when it came off the truck. Dealer can’t reproduce so they won’t attempt a fix. Mine comes on sometimes 5 or 6 times a day.
Hi
I recently purchased a 2021 Acadia Denali. So far the vehicle is OK but the voice command comes on randomly by itself. Just driving down the road and suddenly you hear "what can I help you with"

Has anyone had this issue? Dealer says they have never heard of this happening. It's very frustrating.

Thanks
Hey guys, I took mine to the dealership they said it was a known issue but whatever they did didn’t fix it. I read the user manual and changed the settings from auto to short. It’s supposed to go from auto to short once the speech recognition learns your voice but ours never did. Now that it’s not on auto it’s not happened again (knock on wood). It’s on page 163 of your user manual if you want to change yours.
Taking it out of auto still working for you?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
What do you mean "take it out of auto"? How do you do that?
That means go into the "Settings" menu on the radio screen and go through the settings and follow the info on the Owners Manual P. 163, and maybe P. 176, as indicated. It will depend on the model year of your Acadia what page the info may be located.

If you do not have a Manual. . .. you can enter "GMC 20xx Owners Manual" online and download it.
Manuals and Guides | Vehicle Support | GMC

Reactions: eringramm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Acadia Denali in April of 2022 new. It started doing this as soon as I got it. Had it to the dealer and they said it was something with my phone, which it's not. I am going to try the above suggestion. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my Acadia Denali in April of 2022 new. It started doing this as soon as I got it. Had it to the dealer and they said it was something with my phone, which it's not. I am going to try the above suggestion. Thanks.
I tried the above suggestion, changing the setting to "short", and it has not worked at all. The only difference is it simply says, "Yes?" instead of, "What would you like?"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone figure this out yet? We bought a 22 Acadia in February of 22, and its randomly done the voice prompt since.

I've changed the "voice prompt" to short, the "confirm" to less, turned off "allow prompt instructions", turned off "friendly prompts", and turned "tutorial mode" off.

It never seems to happen at the same spot, like when driving to work, one day it happens, next it doesn't. Some days it happens a lot, other times it will go for a week with nothing.

I know the dealer will want to reproduce it but unless they are just going to ride around with me for weeks, its not going to happen. I even make sure I don't touch that side of the steering wheel incase it's me bumping it. I've heard of dealers just throwing parts at it to "fix" it but, it's a brand new car, had 12 miles on it when we drove it off the lot, and I don't want them just replacing stuff for funnies!

This is a stupid problem to have on a new $50K vehicle or any vehicle for that matter. There's got to be a way to turn off the voice prompt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This and the stereo system playing automatically upon startup of the vehicle, even if it had been turned off before the engine had been shut down, have me laughing at the tagline, “We are professional grade.”

21 - 28 of 28 Posts