GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GMC Acadia Denali - Satin Steel Metallic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I recently purchased a 2021 Acadia Denali. So far the vehicle is OK but the voice command comes on randomly by itself. Just driving down the road and suddenly you hear "what can I help you with"

Has anyone had this issue? Dealer says they have never heard of this happening. It's very frustrating.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Have you wandered thru the DIC to see if you can turn this on/off? I'm thinking it it should be possible to do so...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have looked but have yet to find anywhere to shut it off.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Do you have OnStar? Is it on? I don't, but that type of question sounds more like something connected to that software... others will chime in that know better however.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not sign up for On-Star once the free trial ended.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I never used mine once (I may have even turned it off somehow?) just in case things like this happened. I think you might have to call and turn it off, or turn it off in the DIC if that's possible. I'm guessing however, as I'm not even positive it is OnStar. Is the OnStar button back lit?

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Dealer says they have never heard of this happening. It's very frustrating.
I would think the dealer's tech should at least look at the steering wheel control for something loose, or not properly connected. A voice button that is too sensitive also might be the issue. Maybe you could suggest they change the button cluster to see if it resolves the problem.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Acadia Denali, V-6, AWD
4 Posts
Hi
I recently purchased a 2021 Acadia Denali. So far the vehicle is OK but the voice command comes on randomly by itself. Just driving down the road and suddenly you hear "what can I help you with"

Has anyone had this issue? Dealer says they have never heard of this happening. It's very frustrating.

Thanks
Go to: GMC Acadia Denali 2021 Owner’s Manual:https://my.gmc.com/content/dam/gmow.../gmc/acadia/2021-gmc-acadia-owners-manual.pdf

Then go to Voice Recognition starting on page 163 through 168
See Cancelling Voice Recognition on page 164

I haven’t used this procedure to stop my intermittent “What Do You Want” display and voice prompt but may work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts