GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
2021 GMC Acadia Denali - Satin Steel Metallic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I recently purchased a 2021 Acadia Denali. So far the vehicle is OK but the voice command comes on randomly by itself. Just driving down the road and suddenly you hear "what can I help you with"

Has anyone had this issue? Dealer says they have never heard of this happening. It's very frustrating.

Thanks

· Registered
1,952 Posts
I never used mine once (I may have even turned it off somehow?) just in case things like this happened. I think you might have to call and turn it off, or turn it off in the DIC if that's possible. I'm guessing however, as I'm not even positive it is OnStar. Is the OnStar button back lit?

· Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Dealer says they have never heard of this happening. It's very frustrating.
I would think the dealer's tech should at least look at the steering wheel control for something loose, or not properly connected. A voice button that is too sensitive also might be the issue. Maybe you could suggest they change the button cluster to see if it resolves the problem.

· Registered
2021 GMC Acadia Denali, V-6, AWD
6 Posts
Hi
I recently purchased a 2021 Acadia Denali. So far the vehicle is OK but the voice command comes on randomly by itself. Just driving down the road and suddenly you hear "what can I help you with"

Has anyone had this issue? Dealer says they have never heard of this happening. It's very frustrating.

Thanks
Go to: GMC Acadia Denali 2021 Owner’s Manual:https://my.gmc.com/content/dam/gmow.../gmc/acadia/2021-gmc-acadia-owners-manual.pdf

Then go to Voice Recognition starting on page 163 through 168
See Cancelling Voice Recognition on page 164

I haven’t used this procedure to stop my intermittent “What Do You Want” display and voice prompt but may work.

· Registered
2021 GMC Acadia Denali, V-6, AWD
6 Posts
I’m having this same issue. Have you found a solution yet?
No I haven't found total solution yet.
You can quickly cancel the voice and display announcement by using:
Press the cancel phone icon on the steering wheel controls to terminate the voice recognition session and show the display where voice recognition was initiated.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Thanks
Mine does the same thing, sometimes when turning left or going straight ahead.

· Registered
5 Posts
I have not. Still have not gotten video either. I have noticed if I don't press on the controls on the steering wheel anywhere near the voice that eventually it goes away. As soon as I press once it is back for days. Tells me the trim is pushing on it or the material over the switch (think it is rubber) is too tight. Driving me up the wall though

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Thanks
Yes, I am having the same experience. Activated randomly on me 5 times today. Please let me know if you find a solution.

· Registered
2 Posts
We purchased a 2022 Acadia Denali in Feb and have this same problem. It's super annoying and we cannot figure out which word or words are setting it off. The first time it happened, I had just turned on the vehicle and was not even talking and I heard "Yes?" -- I thought someone was in the back seat and jumped clear out of my skin. Ha! ha!

We also took back to the dealer this past week when we were in Birmingham, thinking maybe it's a software update but they had not heard of this. No solution yet.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I took mine to the dealership they said it was a known issue but whatever they did didn’t fix it. I read the user manual and changed the settings from auto to short. It’s supposed to go from auto to short once the speech recognition learns your voice but ours never did. Now that it’s not on auto it’s not happened again (knock on wood). It’s on page 163 of your user manual if you want to change yours.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts