GMC Acadia Forum banner

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update 10/31/20
So far the only fixes that have been documented have been to replace the coax cable or whole harness which runs under the passenger side floor board area back to the video process module that is under the left trunk area. You have to pull the spare tire covers to access it.

On mine they replaced the video processing module twice, rear camera and tried to reseat a connection X-209. No luck and wanted to replace the front camera next. If you have problem request that they get a field service engineer involved immediately since TAC(GM call center) just remotely requests parts to be replaced. The FSE will come onsite and help troubleshoot.

Mine will not be repaired as I have negotiated a buyback with GM and as such I will not provide any update about my specific camera issue.

Just getting this wrote up to hopefully save some headache for others down the road.

A week after my purchase of a new 2020 Denali with Ultimate package the 360 camera system died with a black screen showing a red triangle with a exclamation point and a red circle with a camera in the middle crossed out with a line. I was able to get it into the dealer the same day it failed and it has been an intermittent issue every since. Short version is the vehicle has had 4 failed repairs now and has been in the shop about 6 times for over a total of 2 weeks. The dealer has been escalating to tech support and then we wait for parts. I have been working with the service manager and senior tech directly to give them as much info as possible. Hopefully we will have all the parts and it will go in for the 5th try next week. I have put in a case with GM customer service to make sure this gets the attention it should. Not too pleased that this is still an issue almost 2 months later. Trying to be extra patient due to all that is going on in the world right now.

First repair:
They were trying to blame the failure on a wire tap in the rear view mirror for my radar detector. They supposedly played with some connections a well. I went to the dealer and removed the wires and of course it started working. At this time I did not know it was an intermittent issue so I took the vehicle and by the time I got back to work it failed again. They did not even have time to close out the paperwork. Just to prove the rear view mirror connection had nothing to do with it I sent a picture of the camera system working with the plug completely unplugged.

Second repair:
I brought he vehicle back the following week when the same technician was there and he could continue troubleshooting. They ended up keeping the vehicle for 9 days. They were waiting for a video processing module 84755321 for about 3 days. It failed the next day.

Third repair:
Brought it back in and they put some dielectric grease on the front camera due to possible fretting as well as testing some connections. It promptly failed and they ordered a nation wide back ordered rear camera.

Fourth repair:
The new rear view camera showed up and was installed. Everything was working and failed later that day. Was able to bring the vehicle back in for the senior tech to complete a scan to provide more info to GM. It had a huge list of codes pertaining to the VPM. GM believes the module is bad and have placed another order for one. When the part shows up and I drop the vehicle off they want the tech to do some signal tests from the BCM and if all good replace the module again.

A couple days ago a new symptom showed up. The front camera was completely dead. I was able to bring the vehicle back to dealership for a quick scan again. Now it is still showing the huge list of codes for the VPM and that the front and rear cameras have faults. No further info has been passed along to me from the dealership. I was told they expect all the parts at the end of the week. GM customer service confirmed they were going to have a senior advisor contact me in 2 business days. So far after 2 days I have not heard from them yet.

I will post again once I have more info.
My 2020 SLT Acadia is finally getting repaired for its issues on the camera's from Oct 7 to Dec 15 waiting on parts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
My 2020 SLT Acadia is finally getting repaired for its issues on the camera's from Oct 7 to Dec 15 waiting on parts
Almost there. That is crazy they were waiting for parts that long.

·
Super Moderator
21,138 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update 10/31/20
So far the only fixes that have been documented have been to replace the coax cable or whole harness which runs under the passenger side floor board area back to the video process module that is under the left trunk area. You have to pull the spare tire covers to access it.

On mine they replaced the video processing module twice, rear camera and tried to reseat a connection X-209. No luck and wanted to replace the front camera next. If you have problem request that they get a field service engineer involved immediately since TAC(GM call center) just remotely requests parts to be replaced. The FSE will come onsite and help troubleshoot.

Mine will not be repaired as I have negotiated a buyback with GM and as such I will not provide any update about my specific camera issue.

Just getting this wrote up to hopefully save some headache for others down the road.

A week after my purchase of a new 2020 Denali with Ultimate package the 360 camera system died with a black screen showing a red triangle with a exclamation point and a red circle with a camera in the middle crossed out with a line. I was able to get it into the dealer the same day it failed and it has been an intermittent issue every since. Short version is the vehicle has had 4 failed repairs now and has been in the shop about 6 times for over a total of 2 weeks. The dealer has been escalating to tech support and then we wait for parts. I have been working with the service manager and senior tech directly to give them as much info as possible. Hopefully we will have all the parts and it will go in for the 5th try next week. I have put in a case with GM customer service to make sure this gets the attention it should. Not too pleased that this is still an issue almost 2 months later. Trying to be extra patient due to all that is going on in the world right now.

First repair:
They were trying to blame the failure on a wire tap in the rear view mirror for my radar detector. They supposedly played with some connections a well. I went to the dealer and removed the wires and of course it started working. At this time I did not know it was an intermittent issue so I took the vehicle and by the time I got back to work it failed again. They did not even have time to close out the paperwork. Just to prove the rear view mirror connection had nothing to do with it I sent a picture of the camera system working with the plug completely unplugged.

Second repair:
I brought he vehicle back the following week when the same technician was there and he could continue troubleshooting. They ended up keeping the vehicle for 9 days. They were waiting for a video processing module 84755321 for about 3 days. It failed the next day.

Third repair:
Brought it back in and they put some dielectric grease on the front camera due to possible fretting as well as testing some connections. It promptly failed and they ordered a nation wide back ordered rear camera.

Fourth repair:
The new rear view camera showed up and was installed. Everything was working and failed later that day. Was able to bring the vehicle back in for the senior tech to complete a scan to provide more info to GM. It had a huge list of codes pertaining to the VPM. GM believes the module is bad and have placed another order for one. When the part shows up and I drop the vehicle off they want the tech to do some signal tests from the BCM and if all good replace the module again.

A couple days ago a new symptom showed up. The front camera was completely dead. I was able to bring the vehicle back to dealership for a quick scan again. Now it is still showing the huge list of codes for the VPM and that the front and rear cameras have faults. No further info has been passed along to me from the dealership. I was told they expect all the parts at the end of the week. GM customer service confirmed they were going to have a senior advisor contact me in 2 business days. So far after 2 days I have not heard from them yet.

I will post again once I have more info.
I finally got my Acadia back from the dealer, 9 weeks waiting for the parts to fix it! It is working great!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I finally got my Acadia back from the dealer, 9 weeks waiting for the parts to fix it! It is working great!
Great to hear ! Happy Acadia and Happy Holidays !

Almost everything has delays these days. We waited months for an appliance repair awhile back. One silly part. . . but between vendor supply issues and COVID. . Well these are different times.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yay my Acadia is back in service for the camera for the 3rd time. I will never lease or buy a GMC ever again. First and last time. The car has also had its check engine light come on 3 times, biggest POS.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #167 (Edited)
Yay my Acadia is back in service for the camera for the 3rd time. I will never lease or buy a GMC ever again. First and last time. The car has also had its check engine light come on 3 times, biggest POS.
Man that is crazy. So sorry to hear about this. My sister's still has not had any issues. The previous repair seemed to last for a while right? Please keep us posted with the outcome. I will assume that it can't possibly be the same issue. What was going on with the check engine light?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same issue. They are replacing coaxial cable, saying the other was faulty. Are all the coaxial cables faulty then. This is our 3rd repair. One more and I am done, falls under Lemon law. Technician said some bs about my wife putting regular unleaded in the gas tank, so she told him that the crap that is coming out his absurd. She said a lot more, but I am going to keep it PG. She doesn’t even use regular, she uses mid grade so completely BS.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Thanks for the update. Hopefully they get the part quickly and everything goes smooth. At this point they should be getting pretty good at isolating the right part especially since they are willing to replace the most difficult item in the system. I would ask them to show me where the break in the cable was when you go to pick it up. They might have to use signal test equipment. Out of the vehicle would be easy to show you and would not take much time or effort on their part. Hopefully this will build some confidence in the dealer and the repair.

The manual lists top tier 87 octane as the recommended fuel. It is on page 242 of the manual. What the hell is wrong with them. Maybe the tech screwed something up and is doing this job for free and is pissed off.

You may consider opening a case with customer service to start the documentation process. They might be able to offer some compensation for the trouble. GM may do a voluntary buy back if your case is documented and you have another failed repair. And remember a buyback is a total pain in the butt as I have mentioned previously and takes a really long time. Months in my case. Obviously I am not a lawyer just sharing my recent experience.

Good luck and once again sorry you have to go through this.

161 - 169 of 169 Posts