GMC Acadia Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Corporate called and left me a message on Thursday saying that they have pushed the case to NW regional management for review and that his email was not working. I got another message yesterday that the NW manager was on vacation so he resubmitted the details to them again. I reached out this morning with email and voicemail and did not get anything back yet. This has pretty much been the response since I engaged customer service on August 19th. I have been promised call backs that were never returned and timelines that have not been kept. Once escalated to corporate with a single contact it has gotten a little better. I am still disappointed in the overall response but not sure there is much more I can do. At least it appears to be moving forward.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
When the vehicle got towed in I told them we were not going to do any more work on the camera system until corporate gave the direction and to just fix the AC screw up.

Picked up the vehicle from the AC issue and the camera system was completely dead. I grabbed the lead tech before I left and made sure he documented that they did see the failure at the dealer. He said they did and that they contacted TAC to document it further. No work was done but they wanted him to replace the front camera. Sure why not....LOL.....They already did a rear camera, 2 video control modules and front camera connector cleaning. Not to mention the X-209 connector re-seating in the passenger area. He was nice enough to send me an email confirming what he saw.

If the NW manager is the same person that the dealer thinks it is they are on vacation the rest of the week so I don't expect to hear anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering if you heard anything back from anyone regarding your issue.

We are extremely pissed off at GMC and how they handled our Acadia. Went to sign for the car on Sept 18th. Our car salesmen said it was just getting cleaned and getting serviced. What we think is that he neglected to tell us, there was a backup camera issue for the surround vision. So we didn’t even get our car before the car started having issues. So we left the dealership without a car we paid for. Seems very shady. This is a Cadillac/GMC dealership. So we received a call that weekend that they replaced the lens. So we went and picked up the car which is 45 minutes away so it’s pretty much a waste of a half a day. We got home and a day later we got the black screen and the camera showing not working. We called them right away and begin to tell us they don’t have a loaner for another week. Luckily we still have a month left on our other lease. We told them they need to come and pick the car up. Based off this thread I don’t feel like this going to be fixed soon and this not encouraging.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Acadia SLT FWD V6
593 Posts
The issue seems to lie in the harness for the camera system. Seems like they got a bad batch and have not made the correction yet. What was the build date on yours?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Just wondering if you heard anything back from anyone regarding your issue.

We are extremely pissed off at GMC and how they handled our Acadia. Went to sign for the car on Sept 18th. Our car salesmen said it was just getting cleaned and getting serviced. What we think is that he neglected to tell us, there was a backup camera issue for the surround vision. So we didn’t even get our car before the car started having issues. So we left the dealership without a car we paid for. Seems very shady. This is a Cadillac/GMC dealership. So we received a call that weekend that they replaced the lens. So we went and picked up the car which is 45 minutes away so it’s pretty much a waste of a half a day. We got home and a day later we got the black screen and the camera showing not working. We called them right away and begin to tell us they don’t have a loaner for another week. Luckily we still have a month left on our other lease. We told them they need to come and pick the car up. Based off this thread I don’t feel like this going to be fixed soon and this not encouraging.
I am still working with corporate and the dealer in the background. When I have a better update I will post back. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Not a great start for sure. Do you know when the manufacture date was? The last part of my VIN is 184xxx and this was a Feb 2020 manufacture date.

They need to get a field service engineer involved immediately or they are just going to continue to replace parts with no success. TAC who is giving them direction is just going off of codes which seem to be randomly generated based on what feed the video processing module is accessing at the time of the connection\wiring issue. They replaced the rear camera, Video processing module twice, tried to reseat connector X209 and reseat the front camera connection. They managed to destroy everything they touched along the way.

·
Registered
593 Posts
For reference, mine was produced January 8 with a VIN ending in 163xxx. Mine originally had a no sound issue when using remote start, so that was taken in 1/30, returned on 2/5. Camera went out on 2/11 and returned on 2/25. That was when they replaced the coax cable harness. Have had no issues since. Not one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The issue seems to lie in the harness for the camera system. Seems like they got a bad batch and have not made the correction yet. What was the build date on yours?
I have 03/20 build and a 196*** vin so close but probably not in the same batch

I am still working with corporate and the dealer in the background. When I have a better update I will post back. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Not a great start for sure. Do you know when the manufacture date was? The last part of my VIN is 184xxx and this was a Feb 2020 manufacture date.

They need to get a field service engineer involved immediately or they are just going to continue to replace parts with no success. TAC who is giving them direction is just going off of codes which seem to be randomly generated based on what feed the video processing module is accessing at the time of the connection\wiring issue. They replaced the rear camera, Video processing module twice, tried to reseat connector X209 and reseat the front camera connection. They managed to destroy everything they touched along the way.
All of this has me very worried, but I live in a state where the lemon law is
“Does the problem(s) for which you seek relief substantially impair the
value of the vehicle to you?”
So this would fall under that category, it gets to the 4th repair. As you can see above I don’t think we are in same batch. I feel your pain and so sorry about your camera situation.

·
Registered
593 Posts
VIN nos 163, 184 and 196 are more than likely all part of the same batch. Would need more users to confirm or deny than just us 3.

As for the lemon law, it varies state by state but here in VA it would have to severely impair the daily usage of the vehicle to the point of being unsafe. And a camera issue is far from that. Considering how new your purchase is, I would seek to either reverse the deal or exchange for another vehicle entirely.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
VIN nos 163, 184 and 196 are more than likely all part of the same batch. Would need more users to confirm or deny than just us 3.

As for the lemon law, it varies state by state but here in VA it would have to severely impair the daily usage of the vehicle to the point of being unsafe. And a camera issue is far from that. Considering how new your purchase is, I would seek to either reverse the deal or exchange for another vehicle entirely.
Each situation is handled differently by GM and does not need a lawyers involvement for them to do the right thing. With inventory issues right now the whole process will have another layer of complication.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Each situation is handled differently by GM and does not need a lawyers involvement for them to do the right thing. With inventory issues right now the whole process will have another layer of complication.
It’s funny you say that with inventory. That’s the whole reason we drove the 45 minutes to get this particular vehicle. Now the problem is that this dealership only has 4 2020s left and only has 2021 ones coming in. The 4 2020s don’t match what we need at all. Meanwhile the dealership near us has 33 2020s. They were begging us to take a Denali off there hands but we didn’t want a bench seat for the second row. Of course now they have multiple 2020s with the similar package we got.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
It’s funny you say that with inventory. That’s the whole reason we drove the 45 minutes to get this particular vehicle. Now the problem is that this dealership only has 4 2020s left and only has 2021 ones coming in. The 4 2020s don’t match what we need at all. Meanwhile the dealership near us has 33 2020s. They were begging us to take a Denali off there hands but we didn’t want a bench seat for the second row. Of course now they have multiple 2020s with the similar package we got.
A local sales manager told me that for a while all they could order was the 7 passenger Acadia as the bucket seats were back ordered.

Contact the service manager and ask them to get a field service engineer involved. You are early enough in the game it would be easier to just get it fixed and move on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A local sales manager told me that for a while all they could order was the 7 passenger Acadia as the bucket seats were back ordered.

Contact the service manager and ask them to get a field service engineer involved. You are early enough in the game it would be easier to just get it fixed and move on.
Spoke with General Manager today. They will be picking up car on Monday. The Service Manager is suppose to call me. The General Manager agrees they probably will have to bring in an engineer to be involved but won’t know until they see the car. We shall see, will keep everyone up to date.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Spoke with General Manager today. They will be picking up car on Monday. The Service Manager is suppose to call me. The General Manager agrees they probably will have to bring in an engineer to be involved but won’t know until they see the car. We shall see, will keep everyone up to date.
That is a good start. When you talk to the service manager just insist them get an FSE involved ASAP or you will end up 3 months down the road like me with no resolution. They can also consult one without being on site which is how they started looking at the X209 connection on mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts

How did it take them to get the part and fix your Acadia? Any timeline would help so I we can figure on how long we will be without the SUV. They took the SUV back today and expressed my concerns to the General manager and one of service guys. I will call tomorrow to speak with the service manager and express that based off other experiences the coax cable harness needs to be replaced and a field service engineer be involved. What else you think I suggest they do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
How did it take them to get the part and fix your Acadia? Any timeline would help so I we can figure on how long we will be without the SUV. They took the SUV back today and expressed my concerns to the General manager and one of service guys. I will call tomorrow to speak with the service manager and express that based off other experiences the coax cable harness needs to be replaced and a field service engineer be involved. What else you think I suggest they do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Wrekliss told me 2 weeks to get the part and about a half a day to install it. He went to several different dealers and had to get corporate involved to approve the wiring harness replacement. Getting the FSE involved will be the key to success. They are the ones brought in to actually do the troubleshooting rather than just replacing parts as TAC advises.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts