GMC Acadia Forum banner
181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
You might want to have the battery checked. I had some strange electrical symptoms that were eventually tied back to a battery that failed a load test. They fact that you only drove it for 600 miles in 6 months could be a factor in the battery failing if that is the case.
I can do that, but it is unlikely to be the problem. This is a pretty well documented issue that appears to have a TSB in place.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
My 2021 Denali just started intermittently having all the cameras go out, and the black screen with exclamation point & camera in the circle slashed out. Bought back in Dec. but hardly used it for 6 months (600 miles). Drove it 1500 miles north to my place in NH for the summer last week, and it started yesterday. Looks like it locks up the screen, but pressing the Home button brings the rest of the stuff back to life.

Stopping and turning off the car and then back on doesn't work with a quick stop & start, but does if the SUV sits a while. I'm guessing the infotainment system has to go to sleep before a reset will occur.

I won't be going back to FL and my dealer until late September, but I'll probably wait until then to let them deal with the TSB repair. I'm not anxious to let an unknown quantity start changing cables or tying up my only transportation while I'm still 1500 miles away from home. Hope for the best I guess.
Really sorry to hear this. Exact symptoms I was having. They should be able to get you taken care when you are ready.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Just picked my vehicle up....

#21-NA-048

Part numbers replaced. 86775887 & 86775887

Must be a supplier issue. China parts?
10 pages in the thread and +180 postings.
At least there was finally a TSB made on it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Must be a supplier issue. China parts?
10 pages in the thread and +180 postings.
At least there was finally a TSB made on it.
We need to stop assuming China. It could be anywhere anymore.

Much of today’s electrical is due to the new systems we have. This is why GM is introducing new electrical architecture in the coming vehicles.

GMC tried to put halogen back up bulbs in the 17 Acadia and it set off a mess of electrical issues.

A battery starts to go bad and then it sets off all sorts of electrical issues. My GTP had a failing battery. As I was driving the radio stopped, next the AC, them the Speedo and dash. Systems shut down to keep the engine going. The power management systems in these vehicles is sensitive Nor easy to fix.

Todays cars need more power but still have to make do with 12 volts. GM was going to up,power nut the new systems are faster and more efficient. The next Acadia should be upgraded.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
We need to stop assuming China. It could be anywhere anymore.
Much of today’s electrical is due to the new systems we have. This is why GM is introducing new electrical architecture in the coming vehicles.

GMC tried to put halogen back up bulbs in the 17 Acadia
and it set off a mess of electrical issues.
I think you meant " tried to put LED back up bulbs ". GM now has warnings in most Owners Manuals not to replace stock bulbs with LED.

And I agree. Today's vehicles are very complex. Well aware of that. And I only raised the question of whether the questionable part(s) might have been sourced from China. Many are and also from other countries. Just the nature of being competitive and cost control in many industries today.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think you meant " tried to put LED back up bulbs ". GM now has warnings in most Owners Manuals not to replace stock bulbs with LED.

And I agree. Today's vehicles are very complex. Well aware of that. And I only raised the question of whether the questionable part(s) might have been sourced from China. Many are and also from other countries. Just the nature of being competitive and cost control in many industries today.
Yes it was LED.

I just tire of the China crap. People say that so often that many think China only makes crap. The real dangers is that they are today producing very good and complex products like most of our cell phones and computers. This is where the great danger is and it too often gets over looked.

We have to deal with Chinese production at work and I see what they get right and it is terrifying.

Then what is even worse is the stuff we used to get right here and now get wrong.

Either way the electronics in many vehicles are very sensitive anymore.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Essentially the same thing but a buyback is a good faith deal between the customer and the dealer. A lemon law is using a federal law forcing the dealer/manufacturer to take the vehicle back and refund all monies paid to conduct said transaction.
I'm in my fourth month, no rush. I still like my Acadia.

181 - 188 of 188 Posts