GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2020 gmc acadia denali, its randomly having a reoccurring smell that everyone agrees smells like hog or cow lot manure. Or even sometimes like someone stepped in dog poo. Its brand new, barely used and mint clean. What could be the issue?! Ive read many others are experiencing this.
its almost unbearable at times.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If you are are in humid conditions a lot, use the climate control in the "Auto" position and therefor lets the A/C run. . . . moisture can build up in the air conditioning cores inside the cabin. With front and rear A/C in the Acadia, it is twice the issue.
When moisture that forms naturally on the A/C cores. . . it can cause mold spore and bacterium to build up up them.
One way to reduce or eliminate the issue, is to run the climate control in Manual Mode and turn the A/C off 5 minutes or so before reaching your next stop or destination and run the fan at a higher setting.
There is also a setting in your vehicle personalization settings for "A/C Fan After-run" that may need to be enabled by the dealer. That also may help. . . but manual shut off of the A/C seems to work best

Lastly, you might now need to change your cabin air filter if it has become wet and contaminated with mold spores or bacteria.

Contact your dealer for a climate control cleaning and tell them of you issue.

Reactions: Jessd23

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I always turn off my AC at least a block before my destination, standard MO with my vehicles. Hassle? Not really IMO. Good idea? Yes.
My wife borrowed her dad's truck on the weekend for us all to go up to a nearby lake. Our younger daughter (6) got in and said right away "eww, smells like papa's feet in here". Maybe you have such an offensive relative? LOL. JT's ideas are solid.

Reactions: Jessd23

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are are in humid conditions a lot, use the climate control in the "Auto" position and therefor lets the A/C run. . . . moisture can build up in the air conditioning cores inside the cabin. With front and rear A/C in the Acadia, it is twice the issue.
When moisture that forms naturally on the A/C cores. . . it can cause mold spore and bacterium to build up up them.
One way to reduce or eliminate the issue, is to run the climate control in Manual Mode and turn the A/C off 5 minutes or so before reaching your next stop or destination and run the fan at a higher setting.
There is also a setting in your vehicle personalization settings for "A/C Fan After-run" that may need to be enabled by the dealer. That also may help. . . but manual shut off of the A/C seems to work best

Lastly, you might now need to change your cabin air filter if it has become wet and contaminated with mold spores or bacteria.

Contact your dealer for a climate control cleaning and tell them of you issue.
Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
21,728 Posts
You live in Iowa and complain about "randomly" noticing feed lot smells? I live 20 miles downwind from Washington, DC. You can imagine the smells I have to put up with "randomly," especially from those pigs stuffed into casks in the Capitol basement. 🤣

1 - 5 of 5 Posts