GMC Acadia Forum banner

2020 AT4 GMC letter (grille emblem) change

10K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  GMCFan1 
#1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to remove the front grill or anything else that would expose and give you access to the clips that hold the GMC letters on?
I ordered the blacked out one but I can’t fit my hands in between the grill to get the old one off.

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.
Not too many 2020 owners here, yet. Posts from other model years may give you some idea of the work involved to do what you want to do. The forum's search tool works quite well. ;)

#3 ·
Thanks. I’ll try that for now. I did it on my Sierra but there was more room for the hand behind the grill and not as many body panel covers to get behind it either.
I might have to wait till a parts diagram or something is available to see what I need to do to remove the grill.

#4 ·
I might have to wait till a parts diagram or something is available to see what I need to do to remove the grill.
Good idea. Just checked one of the popular parts sites and saw they didn't have any listing for 2020 parts at all. Usually, an exploded view can be found there to get some idea.

Reactions: ZachPratz
#7 ·
You should contact JPelectrical3825. This is the member who just finished the salvage rebuild (front and rear) of a 2019. His info might be helpful with the 2020, too, ZachPratz.

#8 ·
BTW, there's always the option to change the color with vinyl wrap. That way the color can be removed, or changed to another at will.

#11 · (Edited)
I ordered this one for my 2020 AT4 it came in today and looks like it will fit just have to do some more digging on how to access the pins to take the factory one off.
People will see the GMPartsGiant site says the part doesn't fit your 2020 - they don't even have the 2020 Acadia as a selection. However, the GMC Accessories site lists that part number for your vehicle, so one can assume it does fit. One of these days, the online parts stores will get the 2020 parts list figured out. ;)

#13 ·
Got your marching orders and you're good to go, eh Sarge? ;)

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Pretty easy to do if you don't mind destroying the OEM red ones. Take a small flat head screw driver and pry out the red parts of the logo. With that part off you have access to the pins, depress them and work each letter off. Clean up the dirt and reset the pins on the grille so the new letters will snap in during install. Push each letter in until they snap into place. Looks great when you are done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.