GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was wondering what’s everyone’s thought on taking the factory sub out the 2020 sle and replacing with a Skar maybe but couldn’t seem to find the schematics on where it is located and the size of the subwoofer? Anyone happen to know and would I need a amp added to give it thump or a better quality service should do just fine? With all that being said if I don’t take that route do they sell a sub spot to put in the back of the suv
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
Use part number13590804 in an internet search and you'll find info about the subwoofer along with pics.

·
Registered
290 Posts
They put the sub in the front console. They avoided the back to put the spare in the litle storage space they had.

As for what you need depends on what you have to start with. Also care is needed to match the units to work with the system and the vehicle. These vehicles are very sensitive to power use.

If unsure Best to see an installer or shop with experience.

I was good with the factory set up and sub. I did not want to do anything more to it.

My truck did have a factory Kicker option I installed. They made specific units for the Bose and non Bose. The none Bose has no amp And they supply it. I expect the Acadia non Bose would need a amp of some kind. That is where a shop can really help.

Note too I saw the sub on my 17 when I installed the phone charger. It is buried in there. Not an easy thing to do unless you are handy.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I was wondering what’s everyone’s thought on taking the factory sub out the 2020 sle and replacing with a Skar maybe but couldn’t seem to find the schematics on where it is located and the size of the subwoofer? Anyone happen to know and would I need a amp added to give it thump or a better quality service should do just fine? With all that being said if I don’t take that route do they sell a sub spot to put in the back of the suv
View attachment 11602
GM sells no sub to put in the cargo area of the Acadia. I think people are mainly interested in the SUV to transport passengers and cargo, so the Acadia .. . . at least with the Bose. . . has the sub woofer installed in the center console.

If you are still interested in a more substantial bass boost, seeing a custom installer might be your best choice. Keep in mind, if you wish to use the cargo area it will complicate things as well as reduce cargo space.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts