1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
599 Posts
glad to see the HUD is back, don't know about the 9 speed although I do like it in the 2019 High Country trucks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thank GOD! F-I-N-A-L-L-Y adding a STOP/START deactivation switch.

Next questions are:

1.) How did they implement it? Is it going to be a *latched* setting (set if OFF and it STAYS OFF until you turn it back ON), or will they force you to press it every-time-you-start-the-engine!!

I sure hope it's NOT the latter ...

2.) How long before every vehicle gets this switch?

Hmmm ... I like the look of the AT4, too, but that's gonna be AWD

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Thank GOD! F-I-N-A-L-L-Y adding a STOP/START deactivation switch.

Next questions are:

1.) How did they implement it? Is it going to be a *latched* setting (set if OFF and it STAYS OFF until you turn it back ON), or will they force you to press it every-time-you-start-the-engine!!

I sure hope it's NOT the latter ...

2.) How long before every vehicle gets this switch?

Hmmm ... I like the look of the AT4, too, but that's gonna be AWD
Non-issue if you get the 3.6. My '18 does not have stop/start.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Non-issue if you get the 3.6. My '18 does not have stop/start.
This appears to be the mid-cycle refresh so there will be a lot of minor changes besides the new grill and hood.. I read an article my dealer sent me to mean all engine options will have stop-start. Going to the 9 spd transmission makes this possible as I read last year in a newsletter that said the six spd transmission was not capable of using stop-start so that is why the gen-2 Acadia did not have it. At least having the deactivation switch will satisfy many customers.

Did you notice the interior pictures showed no shift lever? Looks like push buttons or a dial will be used. And I'm sure there will be more changes to the entertainment and communication system.

Still too small for me so I'll wait for the refresh of the Traverse before I get rid of my 14 Acadia which just turned 34,000 miles,

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
@bayner66, stop/start is something available on the current 4-cylinder version - has been since 2017. That version also has the 6-speed transmission.

·
Registered
325 Posts
@bayner66, stop/start is something available on the current 4-cylinder version - has been since 2017. That version also has the 6-speed transmission.

Didn't know that since I never read about 4 cyl models. Still, I think the V-6 will also have the start/stop.
Just shows you can't trust the information provided by those auto experts writing in the various auto publications.

·
Registered
5 Posts
don't know about the 9 speed although I do like it in the 2019 High Country trucks.
Wonder why you didn't get the 9 speed over there when the Australian Acadia has always had the 9 speed?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
This appears to be the mid-cycle refresh so there will be a lot of minor changes besides the new grill and hood.. I read an article my dealer sent me to mean all engine options will have stop-start. Going to the 9 spd transmission makes this possible as I read last year in a newsletter that said the six spd transmission was not capable of using stop-start so that is why the gen-2 Acadia did not have it. At least having the deactivation switch will satisfy many customers.

Did you notice the interior pictures showed no shift lever? Looks like push buttons or a dial will be used. And I'm sure there will be more changes to the entertainment and communication system.

Still too small for me so I'll wait for the refresh of the Traverse before I get rid of my 14 Acadia which just turned 34,000 miles,
Looks like they are going to use the system on the current Terrain that GM calls Electronic Precision Shift.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
front end looks better on the 2020.

·
Registered
881 Posts
From the looks of info under 'POWERFUL' the V6 isn't going to have AFM like the 2017s & 2018s had.

·
Registered
881 Posts
My bad, should have included the 2019s with AFM.

Reactions: speleos

·
Registered
404 Posts
Interesting how the AT-4 will have 17” wheels. I would imagine they’ll be interchangeable with the 18’s, and then people will be selling them as “takeoffs” when they slap on their 20’s

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting how the AT-4 will have 17” wheels. I would imagine they’ll be interchangeable with the 18’s, and then people will be selling them as “takeoffs” when they slap on their 20’s
The wheels will likely be compatible with all other builds regardless of stock wheel diameter because the bolt pattern will be the same.

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My bad, should have included the 2019s with AFM.
That's OK. We'll forgive you. 0:) BTW, the preliminary info doesn't say anything about removing AFM from the 2020 lineup of V-6s. Can't see why GM would do that ... ... yet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice update - I like it. I liked the previous shifter instead of the buttons, as the shifter is more intuitive. It's not a deal breaker though.

I hope GM spent some money and fixed the reliability! Customers get tired of constantly taking their GM vehicles to the shop due to all the cheap parts used. If the GMC Acadia could somehow be as reliable as a Toyota Highlander I think GM would have many more sales. It would be worth spending a bit more on parts instead of the cheapest stuff from Korea and China.

·
Registered
388 Posts
PHP:
I have an '18 3.6. If definitely does not have stop/start. If you go to the GMC website and build a '19 Acadia, it specifically states the 2.5 has stop/start. No mention of it if you select the 3.6.

The easiest way to tell is look at the speedometer. They are different.

I see you commented on my duplicate post, not on here much anymore so I didn't know the info about the 2020 Acadia was already posted. Looks like someone deleted my post anyway...thanks!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
PHP:

I see you commented on my duplicate post, not on here much anymore so I didn't know the info about the 2020 Acadia was already posted. Looks like someone deleted my post anyway...thanks!
I'm one of those wise acres that does things like that..... :devil:

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
:eek:fftopic: posts deleted. Let's keep this thread specific to the new 2020 Acadia. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts