GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I’ve got a new 2020 Acadia SLT... great SUV but there’s just one thing the dealer is struggling to fix after a couple of service appointments. The right turn signal operates and sounds fine, but the left turn signal operates fine but makes a high pitched beeping sound with the click. Any idea if these new vehicles are just like a windows computer that plays a sound file for every beep or click, maybe a corrupt sound file? Dealer tried a new front speaker and that didn’t fix it, dealer says grounds are fine. Anyone had this issue or any service guys have ideas? I have a video w sound I may be able to post.

·
Super Moderator
19,318 Posts
Turn signal sounds and chimes are generated in the BCM and played through the speakers (usually the tweeters). Seems like the tech needs to dig a bit deeper into the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I will make sure the dealer looks into this when I return in a few days. Any idea if the software can be updated in the BCM that might fix the sound?

·
Super Moderator
19,318 Posts
Software (firmware) can be updated. The dealer should have access to any/all of those updates. They also have all the tools to review and diagnose computer problems with your Acadia, plus access to GM's engineering department.

·
Super Moderator
19,318 Posts
Since you've made several trips to the dealer faced with the same problem, contact GMC Customer Care and lodge a complaint. They'll help any way they can to get the problem resolved for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After multiple trips to the dealer, we finally got the high pitched turn signal beeping sound (mostly) resolved. Dealer replaced front speaker, didn’t help. Then replaced Bose amplifier, didn’t help. Then they tried other stuff that didn’t work. They determined it was a bad wire from the amplifier to the front speaker, replaced the wire and things are much better. Interestingly, the turn signal beeping sound is still there, but significantly quieter now. We tried two other new Acadias and they seem to also have this beeping sound w turn signal very faintly that can be heard. Took the advice and made a complaint w GM for all the hassle this was taking it in so many times. Waiting to hear back but we should be taken care of well after all of this. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello. I’ve got a new 2020 Acadia SLT... great SUV but there’s just one thing the dealer is struggling to fix after a couple of service appointments. The right turn signal operates and sounds fine, but the left turn signal operates fine but makes a high pitched beeping sound with the click. Any idea if these new vehicles are just like a windows computer that plays a sound file for every beep or click, maybe a corrupt sound file? Dealer tried a new front speaker and that didn’t fix it, dealer says grounds are fine. Anyone had this issue or any service guys have ideas? I have a video w sound I may be able to post.
Hi danman,

How things going with your Acadia?

Thanks,
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts