GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know a few members have bought the '20 Acadia and wanted to know if anyone else is having an issue with their fuel gauge. Ever since new I have filled up when the light comes on and the most it has ever taken was 14.1 gallons. They come with a 19.5 gallon tank so after 6 months I am starting to think either they lied about the tank size or my fuel sending unit is miscalibrated in the tank. Yes I know there is a reserve but that is typically 1-2 gallons, not 5 !!! Is anyone else able to use more of their tank? I have come to deal with the horrific mpg of 16-17 city and 20 highway but only going 250 miles or so a tank is terrible in and of itself.

Yes I could take it to the dealer to have it checked out but with this virus thing going around I am trying to keep people out of the vehicle. Once their is a cure or an antibody, I will be more open to visiting the public again. But until then, mask when outside and avoid all humans!

-Mike
Hi Mike, just a note that is great that you are getting 16-17 in the City. I get 13-14 in the City with my 2013 Denali AWD.
It's interesting that my GMC dealer told me wait until you break in the vehicle and the mileage will improve. Still waiting after 7 years. LOL

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Fortunately, I wont have this vehicle that long. This was a lease and I had high hopes that have turned to let down after let down since ownership. Already got my eye on the next vehicle and if everything works out, I should be in a 2021 Acura TLX this fall. If it don't work out, the backup choice is the Ford Mach E. Assuming of course we don't end up in a full blown recession, depressed and broke living on the street. In which case I will stay in the Acadia, parked on the corner I will be working on to make the payment. lol

21 - 24 of 24 Posts