GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Damage doesn't appear too bad. The cluster swap you want to do may be near impossible, though. At the least, it will be very costly in terms of time and possible other parts/programming you'd need to make it work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cluster is only $238. I see it has a secondary port but not sure what harness or module I would need to make it work. Could just be the add on of the sun sensor for dimming the cluster. Programmung is simple through a company called flight systems. Really cheap. Since I can't get a good close up or print out of the wiring harness for the Denali and the SLT to see the difference. Only package difference is the driver alert 2 for the Denali and the Alert 1 for the SLT-1 and this gauge cluster.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Check with one of your local dealer service centers for wiring diagrams. They might be willing to provide you a copy. 2019-specific info might still be held up in editing or something before it's released to the DIY public.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Good luck. Might be a good idea to find out how this affects your new car warranty. Any failure of the car as a result of the mod may not be covered by GMC's new car warranty. The dealer's service center will know how the car was originally built at the factory.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think being my vehicle is a salvage title, that I will have rebuilt. Pretty sure I do not have a warranty anymore. Just gathering info at the moment. I'll swing by the dealer this weekend and get confirmation on the warranty. If I have one or not.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
It will be interesting to find out how the salvage title works with both B2B and power train warranties. It doesn't appear the vehicle was 'totaled' in any way. The car may have been turned in to the insurance company because the owner didn't want to drive a repaired car - like it lost that "new car appeal." Either that, or a dealer sent it to auction after it was damaged for much the same reason.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the worst of the damage. No airbags deployed. I priced everything out and only came up with $2300 in parts. So I really don't understand why it was a total loss. Guess I'll find out when it shows up later this week.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Do you have any chain-of-title info? Miles on the odometer? I'm thinking more and more that the car was a demo wrecked in a multi-car accident.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just says CT salvage title. 3620mi on it. Will not receive the whole packet of paper work for 4-6weeks after vehicle leaves the yard. Which Im hoping will be by Tuesday and here by Thurs, Friday the latest. This will be my second salavage vehicle I will have fixed.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
5 Participants
harveyfamily
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing