GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing an intermittent failure with the touchscreen of my radio in my 2019 Acadia. It doesn't start responding until I shut the car off for a period of time and start it again ( at least 30 minutes). It doesn't happen all the time so can't get the dealership to do anything. Has anyone else had this issue? I am assuming it will get worse, but can't keep going back to the dealer and them not finding anything or can't reproduce the failure. thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Hope someone is able to help with your car's problem. Perhaps you could take a video of the problem before you head to the dealer's service center.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have you tried restoring the head unit to factory settings? Sometimes it can just be a software glitch.

That or I wonder if the dealership can flash (fresh install) the firmware on the infotainment.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I wonder what he did with his touch screen issue???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Issue never resolved. Dealership replaced touchscreen but a few days later, same issue. Took vehicle back in and they could not get it to fail. They reset the unit they said, but It didn't seem to lose any setttings, so not sure what they reset. Still have issues and have to capture it with video so that they will order a new unit.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Maybe take it to another dealer. You don't have to go to the selling dealer. Service departments are hungry for work these days so if you talk to the service writer and mention you would like to take your Acadia to a service department that is diligent and determined to take care of any nagging Acadia problem. Express appreciation for them to follow up on this problem for you.
The problem could be in the wiring or interface between the screen and actual radio module.
Often, a service tech is required to follow and sequence of replacing items based on a guide from GM.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Maybe take it to another dealer. You don't have to go to the selling dealer. Service departments are hungry for work these days so if you talk to the service writer and mention you would like to take your Acadia to a service department that is diligent and determined to take care of any nagging Acadia problem. Express appreciation for them to follow up on this problem for you.
The problem could be in the wiring or interface between the screen and actual radio module.
Often, a service tech is required to follow and sequence of replacing items based on a guide from GM.
Yes, there are service departments and there are service departments, just like doctors. My GMC's were never purchased by our local dealer, as got better offers else where, via internet. But my local GM dealer did all the servicing and had great expertise.

@techmanrod, You can always ask the Service Mgr to request the GM Regional Mgr to pay the dealership a visit, for resolve. The Video would be excellent w a little commentary on what it does on a periodic basis.

@speleos had mentioned the Video way back when. This would truly be evidence or support.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Why the Internet purchase? Would your local dealer not match the Internet buy?
I always feel more comfort (for reasons such as this) buying from my local dealer, never mind that I'm supporting my local dealer...
Also, your handle says you drive a Ford Edge, just an FYI

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
Why the Internet purchase? Would your local dealer not match the Internet buy?
I always feel more comfort (for reasons such as this) buying from my local dealer, never mind that I'm supporting my local dealer...
Also, your handle says you drive a Ford Edge, just an FYI
Stick to the thread topic.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
OK, teetertotter; perhaps go back to your Internet dealer and see if they take better care of you. I've heard and find dealers sometimes take care of you more thoroughly if you bought your vehicle there.
Better speleos? That is somewhat what I intended anyway...

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
OK, OP; perhaps go back to your Internet dealer and see if they take better care of you. I've heard and find dealers sometimes take care of you more thoroughly if you bought your vehicle there.
Better speleos? That is somewhat what I intended anyway...
First post member never said anything about an internet purchase of their Acadia. Just started the topic about a touchscreen failure.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Thanks @speleos for catching my reply that I tried to delete. Nice to see you do what you do!

Reactions: speleos

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing an intermittent failure with the touchscreen of my radio in my 2019 Acadia. It doesn't start responding until I shut the car off for a period of time and start it again ( at least 30 minutes). It doesn't happen all the time so can't get the dealership to do anything. Has anyone else had this issue? I am assuming it will get worse, but can't keep going back to the dealer and them not finding anything or can't reproduce the failure. thanks
Yes!!! I am also experiencing very same problem with my touchscreen on my 2019 Acadia. I'm driving down the road, and the radio touchscreen starts changing itself... intermittently,... Now it is happening constantly. I've called several dealerships who act like they've never heard of this before. (Yeah,...right). And seems it is a week or longer before anyone can look at it,...and they want me to leave my car there fro 2 days. Hmmm... not working for me. Seems like all dealers are short-staffed.... guess no one wants to work, since gov is giving all the free checks. (GEEZ!). So....I"m doing what I find myself doing a lot of these days.... Searching for info myself on internet for possible "reset" of radio... and printing out this info so that I CAN EDUCATE THE DEALERS ON THEIR BUSINESS.... Sign me.... an un-happy blonde.

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
... And seems it is a week or longer before anyone can look at it,...and they want me to leave my car there fro 2 days. Hmmm... not working for me. ...
Some of these software resets (or updates) take hours to perform. You're better off making an appointment, leaving the vehicle, and giving them the time to get it into their work queue so they can fix it properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts