GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't get out yesterday to checkout that 2-3-2 Acadia unit I'd found (that's seating arrangement, BTW, for anyone wondering). Busy in the morning, then a vicious storm for hours, together with an early closing time doomed me. But I did do some inventory searching later on, and looking through many, many Monroney stickers .. here's what came out of that (maybe some of you guys can confirm on your vehicles):

Keep in mind, this is for the 3.6L engine:

1.) Power Steering: Wow! They really seem to hide this one good! Couldn't find it mentioned anywhere as to whether it was Hydraulic or Electric (GMC website, Laura dealership). Finally went to RockAuto where they list a pump for the 2017 model, and coolers for the 2018 and 2019 models ... so it appears to be Hydraulic?

2.) Oil Filter: Not something you'd find on the sales websites, but once again - RockAuto has a "spin-on" type listed?

3.) Transmission Filter: No listing on RockAuto, so I assume it's the "sealed-for-life" variety ... like the Gen II Equinox? But with the same drain plug arrangement?

4.) Cloth Seats: It appears you can only get these on SLE and lower trims? GMC's "Build & Price" shows only leather seats for SLT-1 and -2.

5.) Tires: P235/65R18's are spec'd, but are they still the Michelin Premier LTX's that many have complained about? I think I've seen a "Continental" brand tire in some dealer pics? Does anyone have the model name of those tires (or any others now being used)?

6.) 8" Screen: This one HAD been a source of confusion with me. I know it's an added option ($900) on an SLE-2, but I thought it was standard on an SLT-1/-2. But yesterday I started seeing it showing up on SLT-1 Monroney stickers as a $495 option. I thought "HUH?". Turns out the 8" screen comes WITH and WITHOUT the "Navigation" add-on, hence the $495 "option" on the SLT stickers is for Nav! Boy ... they sure made THAT confusing! SO - the 8" screen IS standard on the SLT-1/-2, but if you don't see the additional $495 charge on the Monroney sticker for 8" screen, you don't have Navigation included (unless it’s the Denali, in which case you’ve got every option, standard).

7.) BOSE 8-speaker Stereo: I've yet to see this listed separately on a Monroney sticker, and Laura GMC has some fine print that says "Included, and only available with” 8” Colortouch Screen UQA", so it appears to be an implied option: If you have the 8" screen, you have the BOSE stereo system.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The redesigned Acadia has electric, rack-assist power steering.
I thought so! You search for “steer” on any website and all you find are references to the steering wheel or rack.

Darn! I hate electric steering! But that’s where they’ve all been going the last several years!

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
I thought so! You search for “steer” on any website and all you find are references to the steering wheel or rack.

Darn! I hate electric steering! But that’s where they’ve all been going the last several years!
It's a shame you don't like it. The column-assist electric steering on my '09 Matrix has been trouble free.

Tighten up your search criteria. It will narrow the results considerably. Search "steer" on Google and you'll find pages about neutered bovines and the latest beef prices.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
In my entire driving life (30+ years), I’ve just never had a problem with hydraulic steering, nor has anyone in my immediate or extended family, friends, or heard of anyone ever having a problem. Of course, it’s probably happened to someone, somewhere, but it’s gotta be an extremely rare failure in the long history of hydraulic steering systems.

On the other hand, my father bought a 2005-2006? Malibu a few years back, and the electric steering motor failed on my mother as she was making a left turn onto a main drag! Luckily there was no vehicle parked there, or she would’ve hit it. The only warning was an alarm on the cluster that appeared at the same time the motor quit! Obviously no help. To me, electric steering vs hydraulic is like digital TV versus analog: digital TV is great when it’s working, but it’s either THERE, or it ISN’T. Whereas analog TV might not give the clearer picture, but the picture is always still there nonetheless, to some degree. It’s not digital.

And hydraulic steering can fail suddenly, too - but history says it doesn’t.

Maybe just a bad start for electric steering? Wish we could see the failure statistics on them. Not something you can just look up...

As for searching online for Acadias - I don’t see a checkbox for 2-3-2 versus 2-2-2 seating. There doesn’t look like an easy way to do this. I’ve been searching for everything else OK, but then once I find the units, I’ve been scrolling down and clicking on the “INTERIOR” tab to see if “2-3-2” appears in the description below. Laura GMC has over 100 SLE-2 and SLT-1 units, but not a single one has 2-3-2 seating! Crazy!

Kind of a slow process. It’s like they don’t want you searching for seating. They want you to just buy the Captain’s chairs.

I just rolled by the local dealer. He’s got two Denalis sitting there with MSRPs just over $50k! One has the Captains Chairs, the other has the bench, and just looking inside through the windows (they were closed), I think I prefer the bench seat!

I’ll have to drop by when they’re open...

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
When you're searching for Acadias, try using "6 passenger" or "7 passenger" in your seating inquiry. It might work better.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you're searching for Acadias, try using "6 passenger" or "7 passenger" in your seating inquiry. It might work better.
If you’re talking about the GM website search - I don’t use that. I go directly to dealer websites. I have a list of those I go through.

And the reason I gave up on the GM site was - I’d specify exactly what I wanted (by “building” it), then it would show me everything under the sun anyway. Hated that!

Show me 2019 SLE-2 Acadias with 3.6L engines, 8” screens, BOSE stereo, 2-3-2 seating.

OK - here are a bunch of 2019 Acadias with 2.5L engines.

Pissed me off, no end!

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
On Google, I just substituted 2-3-2 with 7 passenger in your search criteria and got this result: https://www.serrajackson.com/new/GMC/2019-GMC-Acadia-jackson-tn-c65a22b50a0e0ae72b213ab9737e99bf.htm

Here's the entire search string: 2019 SLE-2 Acadia with 3.6L engines, 8” screens, BOSE stereo, 7 passenger seating

View the results carefully, though. Some dealer listings are deceptive. Plus, I didn't use quotes in any of the criteria.

Also, some dealers will work with others to get what you want shipped to them if you find something you like elsewhere.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
On Google, I just substituted 2-3-2 with 7 passenger in your search criteria and got this result: https://www.serrajackson.com/new/GMC/2019-GMC-Acadia-jackson-tn-c65a22b50a0e0ae72b213ab9737e99bf.htm

Here's the entire search string: 2019 SLE-2 Acadia with 3.6L engines, 8” screens, BOSE stereo, 7 passenger seating
OK. I’ve never used Google to search for vehicles. Should be able to use GM’s search engine, but it’s garbage (unless I’m just missing something).

I Build and Price it, all the options are selectable fine, but then when it says “9 matches found near you” and I tap the big button just below (VIEW INVENTORY), it takes me back to the beginning again to re-spec the vehicle!!

It’s maddening!

And that Google method is clearly not ideal because that vehicle you found also includes $2300 worth of options not in the search string.

But it’s a start, I guess. Thanks!

Ugh! 6-passenger seating popping up with that search string now!

It’s hopeless!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I didn't get out yesterday to checkout that 2-3-2 Acadia unit I'd found (that's seating arrangement, BTW, for anyone wondering). Busy in the morning, then a vicious storm for hours, together with an early closing time doomed me. But I did do some inventory searching later on, and looking through many, many Monroney stickers .. here's what came out of that (maybe some of you guys can confirm on your vehicles):

Keep in mind, this is for the 3.6L engine:

1.) Power Steering: Wow! They really seem to hide this one good! Couldn't find it mentioned anywhere as to whether it was Hydraulic or Electric (GMC website, Laura dealership). Finally went to RockAuto where they list a pump for the 2017 model, and coolers for the 2018 and 2019 models ... so it appears to be Hydraulic?

2.) Oil Filter: Not something you'd find on the sales websites, but once again - RockAuto has a "spin-on" type listed?

3.) Transmission Filter: No listing on RockAuto, so I assume it's the "sealed-for-life" variety ... like the Gen II Equinox? But with the same drain plug arrangement?

4.) Cloth Seats: It appears you can only get these on SLE and lower trims? GMC's "Build & Price" shows only leather seats for SLT-1 and -2.

5.) Tires: P235/65R18's are spec'd, but are they still the Michelin Premier LTX's that many have complained about? I think I've seen a "Continental" brand tire in some dealer pics? Does anyone have the model name of those tires (or any others now being used)?

6.) 8" Screen: This one HAD been a source of confusion with me. I know it's an added option ($900) on an SLE-2, but I thought it was standard on an SLT-1/-2. But yesterday I started seeing it showing up on SLT-1 Monroney stickers as a $495 option. I thought "HUH?". Turns out the 8" screen comes WITH and WITHOUT the "Navigation" add-on, hence the $495 "option" on the SLT stickers is for Nav! Boy ... they sure made THAT confusing! SO - the 8" screen IS standard on the SLT-1/-2, but if you don't see the additional $495 charge on the Monroney sticker for 8" screen, you don't have Navigation included (unless it’s the Denali, in which case you’ve got every option, standard).

7.) BOSE 8-speaker Stereo: I've yet to see this listed separately on a Monroney sticker, and Laura GMC has some fine print that says "Included, and only available with” 8” Colortouch Screen UQA", so it appears to be an implied option: If you have the 8" screen, you have the BOSE stereo system.

Oil filter is PF63e filter like on the 2nd Gen Equinox/Terrain LFX V6. At least, that is what is on my 2019 Acadia with the LGX 3.6L. That kind of surprised me since my Colorado has the LGZ variation and a canister top mounted Hengst filter housing.
Tires on my SLT-1 are P235/65R18 Continental . The Acadia SLT-2 for 2019 shows a 20" wheel upgrade standard. I did not want that so is one of several reasons I did NOT want an SLT-2.
The SLT-1 comes with the 8" Screen Bose Stereo standard. Nav is extra as you found.

Here's a link to some trim comparisons. I would not say it is 100% correct and there are some "opinions" on what constitutes a "better package".

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took a look at those two 2019 Acadia Denalis on the way home from work tonight. It was only 20 minutes before closing, so no test drive ... just a quick look-see. Didn’t even start either engine.

The tires on both units were Michelin LTX Premiers. Maybe this is regional - as to which tire you get?

I noticed the complaint about the bench seat. Even when you slide it as far forward as you can, the seat base still doesn’t clear the leading edge of the rear wheel well, and you end up having to step over that impingement to reach the 3rd row. But as far as the seat movement itself, the two sets of seats move the same way - pulling the bar under the front edge to slide the seat forward, then lifting the plastic lever on the side to lay the seat back face-down. It’s just a tad harder to do with the bench because the seats are wider and the two sections touch each other.

As for trim level, I’m with you: I wouldn’t want the 20” tires either, so it’s SLT-1, or even SLE-2 with the 8” screen (and therefore BOSE stereo) for me.

Oh - one other thing: both of these units had leather seats, of course, and it looked like they folded very flatly, whereas the picture JayTee2019 posted earlier didn’t look flat to me. I wondered if this was due to leather versus cloth seats ... that maybe the cloth seats are “fluffier”, and therefore do not really truly fold flat?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Oh - one other thing: both of these units had leather seats, of course, and it looked like they folded very flatly, whereas the picture JayTee2019 posted earlier didn’t look flat to me. I wondered if this was due to leather versus cloth seats ... that maybe the cloth seats are “fluffier”, and therefore do not really truly fold flat?
Are you talking about the 3rd row seats? Mine has leather and they fold totally flat. I would guess cloth does as well once you get some weight on them.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Leather here and the seats do fold flat an even with the rear cargo area. So much nicer and versatile than the Equinox/Terrain.
One other thing I thought about regarding the center captain's chair seats. In all the time we had the rear 3 person seats in all our other mid sized cars or SUVs, there were VERY few times we had three sitting in that rear seat even for a short drive. In fact, we utilized the center space between captain's chairs in a couple mini vans and found it more useful.
That "gap" can be stacked with cargo items, 5 gallon water jug, plastic tote containers, etc. And if more needs to be stacked or slid over the top of those, easily accomplished.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you talking about the 3rd row seats? Mine has leather and they fold totally flat. I would guess cloth does as well once you get some weight on them.
I’m talking about both rows of folded-flat seats in the picture JayTee2019 posted in the other thread “Has Anyone Seen 2-3-2 Seating”. Doesn’t it look like they’re sitting at an angle? Look how they sit against the rear door. When I folded down the Denali seats they were totally flat and the whole thing just looked different than in that picture - which not only looks angled, but bumpy, too.

Are those cloth seats in that picture? Is that why it looks so rumpled and not flat? Or is it just an illusion?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Leather here and the seats do fold flat an even with the rear cargo area. So much nicer and versatile than the Equinox/Terrain.
One other thing I thought about regarding the center captain's chair seats. In all the time we had the rear 3 person seats in all our other mid sized cars or SUVs, there were VERY few times we had three sitting in that rear seat even for a short drive. In fact, we utilized the center space between captain's chairs in a couple mini vans and found it more useful.
That "gap" can be stacked with cargo items, 5 gallon water jug, plastic tote containers, etc. And if more needs to be stacked or slid over the top of those, easily accomplished.
Yeah, you’re right about three people in those 3 seats. I don’t remember ever doing it in my Nox, either, but it’s narrower. I guess it makes more sense to go with the Captain’s Chairs. Like you say - that gap can be used to store stuff in transit, OR - like the salesman mentioned ... someone sitting in the third row could stretch a leg through that opening, too (I hadn’t thought of that take)!

But the bench does have that pull-down console (or is it just an armrest?) in the center, which is kind of nice... LOL!

Kinda surprised there’s no accessory for the Captains Chairs to fill in the gap with a removable “end table” of some kind - maybe "floating", to keep the space underneath open?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I’m talking about both rows of folded-flat seats in the picture JayTee2019 posted in the other thread “Has Anyone Seen 2-3-2 Seating”. Doesn’t it look like they’re sitting at an angle? Look how they sit against the rear door. When I folded down the Denali seats they were totally flat and the whole thing just looked different than in that picture - which not only looks angled, but bumpy, too.

Are those cloth seats in that picture? Is that why it looks so rumpled and not flat? Or is it just an illusion?
I've never had my second row seats folded so not sure if they fold flat.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One thing about folding all the seats flat is you do end up with several "gaps" or "holes" in your newly-formed "floor" (around each of the collapsed seats) - at least in this leather seat Denali I was looking at. Maybe the cloth seat SLE is different?

Depending on what you're planning on throwing back there, you might need a rubber mat rolled out over much of the "floor" to keep debris from falling into these "holes".

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
One thing about folding all the seats flat is you do end up with several "gaps" or "holes" in your newly-formed "floor" (around each of the collapsed seats) - at least in this leather seat Denali I was looking at. Maybe the cloth seat SLE is different?

Depending on what you're planning on throwing back there, you might need a rubber mat rolled out over much of the "floor" to keep debris from falling into these "holes".
My 3rd row is almost always folded down. I have a cargo mat that goes from the back of the captain's chairs to the hatch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oil filter is PF63e filter like on the 2nd Gen Equinox/Terrain LFX V6. At least, that is what is on my 2019 Acadia with the LGX 3.6L. That kind of surprised me since my Colorado has the LGZ variation and a canister top mounted Hengst filter housing.
Tires on my SLT-1 are P235/65R18 Continental . The Acadia SLT-2 for 2019 shows a 20" wheel upgrade standard. I did not want that so is one of several reasons I did NOT want an SLT-2.
The SLT-1 comes with the 8" Screen Bose Stereo standard. Nav is extra as you found.

Here's a link to some trim comparisons. I would not say it is 100% correct and there are some "opinions" on what constitutes a "better package".
The 3.6 oil filter has been superceded to specify the UPF63R. There is a TSB on it for the LGX engine due to oil pressure and improved wall strength.

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
The 3.6 oil filter has been superceded to specify the UPF63R. There is a TSB on it for the LGX engine due to oil pressure and improved wall strength.
Here's the Champion Laboratries document if someone wants to read it (see page 2): GM TSB 19-NA-020

1 - 20 of 21 Posts