GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just comparing a couple of Monroney stickers online: a "stripped" SLT-1 (no extra options on the sticker), and an SLE-2 (with the 8" screen added). Here's what I came up with. I was hoping one or more here could try to validate some of these things because those online Monroney stickers aren't always accurate:

INTERIOR
  • SLT-1 adds leather seats vs. cloth in SLE-2
  • SLT-1 has larger/color 4.2” Driver Information Screen, vs. 3.5 Monochrome in SLE-2
  • SLT-1 has Auto-Dimming rear-view mirror, vs. usual manual tilt adjust in SLE-2
  • SLT-1 adds 120 volt outlet on rear of center console.
  • SLT-1 adds 2-way power lumbar on the 8-way power driver’s seat.
  • SLT-1 adds 8-way power passenger seat
  • SLT-1 adds Universal Home Remote
MECHANICAL
  • Apparently, no differences (according to Monroney sticker comparison)
ENTERTAINMENT
  • SLT-1 adds BOSE premium sound system with 8 vs. 6 speakers
SAFETY-INTERIOR
  • SLT-1 adds Driver Alert Pkg 1:
    • Lane Change Alert/Side Blind Zone: Side Mirror alerts
    • Rear Cross Traffic: Warning Triangles in Rear Vision Camera when in REVERSE
    • Rear Park Assist: Provides Distance-To-Object alerts when in REVERSE
EXTERIOR
  • The side-view mirrors have an “Auto Dim” feature to adjust for bright lights from behind
  • SLT-1 says “Painted Aluminum Wheels” vs. “Machined Aluminum Wheels” on the SLE-2 (????)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW: Forgot to add ... both units are FWD with the 3.6L engine.

QUESTION: Does this new forum allow post editing?? It looks like only the title can be edited???

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
BTW: Forgot to add ... both units are FWD with the 3.6L engine.

QUESTION: Does this new forum allow post editing?? It looks like only the title can be edited???
I edited a post the other day. The edit button appears at the top of the post instead of at the bottom with the rest of the buttons. If like other forums there is most likely some sort of window of time where you are allowed to edit posts.

I just edited this post.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
  • The side-view mirrors have an “Auto Dim” feature to adjust for bright lights from behind
  • SLT-1 says “Painted Aluminum Wheels” vs. “Machined Aluminum Wheels” on the SLE-2 (????)
I have an '18 SLT-2, only the driver's side-view mirror is auto dimming. Passenger side is just a mirror.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I edited a post the other day. The edit button appears at the top of the post instead of at the bottom with the rest of the buttons. If like other forums there is most likely some sort of window of time where you are allowed to edit posts.

I just edited this post.
Ohhhh ... I see it now (but on the phone). Earlier, on the desktop, I had clicked on the three vertical dots at the very top ... which is “Edit Thread”, and all it produced for editing was the title! Now I see the subtle little triangle that allows the body of the post to be edited!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an '18 SLT-2, only the driver's side-view mirror is auto dimming. Passenger side is just a mirror.
What do make of those wheel descriptions? “Painted” versus “Machined”? Wouldn’t “Machined” (on the SLE-2) be preferable to “Painted”?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
What do make of those wheel descriptions? “Painted” versus “Machined”? Wouldn’t “Machined” (on the SLE-2) be preferable to “Painted”?
From what I recall when I got mine, the SLT wheels appear to be SLE wheels painted dark gray.

I actually prefer the unpainted wheels but is seems many folks these days prefer the dark wheels.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I like the "painted" wheels on our new SLT-1. The finish is kind of a satin dark golden /bronze metallic look.
A lot of newer brands are adopting various colored painted wheels. The machined aluminum look has gotten dated, plus eventually the clear coat suffers deterioration and soon allows that awful gray-white powdery corrosion to occur.
On another note. . i notice Laura has 3 slightly different MSRP prices on the standard SLT-1 with no additional options. Wonder if prices varied from the factory? I also noted the discount varies somewhat form day to day by $200 or more.
Glad I bought when I did. Good selection and my price was $264 lower than this week on similar models. Not a lot when total discount was +$10K.
Good time to buy as they have many exterior and interior color choices.

·
Super Moderator
18,988 Posts
On another note. . i notice Laura has 3 slightly different MSRP prices on the standard SLT-1 with no additional options. Wonder if prices varied from the factory?
New cars aren't exactly 'cookie cutter' items. There are subtle differences which make up the variance in MSRP - color being just one of them.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the "painted" wheels on our new SLT-1. The finish is kind of a satin dark golden /bronze metallic look.
A lot of newer brands are adopting various colored painted wheels. The machined aluminum look has gotten dated, plus eventually the clear coat suffers deterioration and soon allows that awful gray-white powdery corrosion to occur.
Huh! OK. Just a different look. Have you seen any with body-color matching? I would think if you're gonna paint them, you'd use the body color, no?

On another note. . i notice Laura has 3 slightly different MSRP prices on the standard SLT-1 with no additional options. Wonder if prices varied from the factory? I also noted the discount varies somewhat form day to day by $200 or more.
Glad I bought when I did. Good selection and my price was $264 lower than this week on similar models. Not a lot when total discount was +$10K.
Good time to buy as they have many exterior and interior color choices.
Don't the MSRPs typically increase slightly during the model year run? I know I've seen that, and it can be a tip-off to the relative age of the unit ... although nothing beats checking the Build Date.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what I recall when I got mine, the SLT wheels appear to be SLE wheels painted dark gray.

I actually prefer the unpainted wheels but is seems many folks these days prefer the dark wheels.
I don't really care about wheels (too much). Factory wheels are fine with me. I'll never spend $2000 (or whatever people spend) on replacement tires and wheels just for a "customized" look. But I will critique factory wheels, and I have to say - these Acadia wheels, while not bad, are not my favorites. I just don't think they complement the tires well. A nice, bright, polished aluminum wheel with an attractive 'cut' would've looked better, I think. Plus - there are a lot of surfaces to clean on these painted wheels - another of my pet peeves. But - they're "OK". I give them a solid "B".

·
Registered
414 Posts
New cars aren't exactly 'cookie cutter' items. There are subtle differences which make up the variance in MSRP - color being just one of them.
The SLT-1 MSRP was with no other options or other differences. Any differences on a model would show up on the price sheet "window sticker" I would think as well as a particular build sheet so difficult to tel without seeing each one. All the SLT-1 at Laura were base SLT-1 with the usual $495 paint color price.
No clue why GMC seems to separate all the paint color charges on the window sticker. One or two other colors are $595 options and show as such. The three price ranges I mentioned are more than just a paint color difference and no other subtle differences. I worked for GM at 3 plants and am pretty aware of MSRP, build sheets and order guides.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Don't the MSRPs typically increase slightly during the model year run? I know I've seen that, and it can be a tip-off to the relative age of the unit ... although nothing beats checking the Build Date.
Yeah, GM divisions have altered base prices on trim levels as the model year goes on at times along with sometimes including some items that may be part of a promo package, so who knows. I suspect with a dealer like Laura, they get various prices incentives on blocks of vehicles they order.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Our 2017 All-Terrain is an SLT-1 which looks confusing as it’s considered an All-Terrain 2 when looking at it on our insurance policy.

I don’t think we have the Lane Departure but we have the blind spot lights on the mirrors.

Ours has the factory 18” wheels which is one of the things my wife really liked about it. The brochure says it was supposed to have 20” wheels so I’m assuming the dealer swapped them at some point. Then again the brochure said it was suppose to have express up on the driver window and it does not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts