GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been casually looking up and down the East Coast - and NOT for this seating arrangement per-se, but certain trim levels, and I've yet to come across a 2-3-2 seating arrangement (although it supposedly exists). Every single one of them (in the trim levels I've been looking at) is 2-2-2 (2 Captains Chairs in the middle vs. a bench seat).

Has anyone run across a 2019 Acadia with the 2-3-2 seating, or is this GMC's version of "BigFoot"?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
If you find it, you will probably discover that it is very difficult to access the 3rd row seat. My 2004 Acura MDX was that configuration and about the same size as an 2019 Acadia.. Access was one of the things that made the third row virtually unusable.

George

·
Registered
487 Posts
I came across two and found what GeorgeC mentions. We looked at one at a local dealer and the bench seat looked like maybe a nice option. Until the sales guy showed how to move it for 3rd row access. Not even kids would have an entry that was really easy. It was "doable" but the grands kids can get through the captains chairs gap really easy. The captains chairs also do lean and slide forward for 3rd row access, but not really easier in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
Where you've been looking has either had 2-3-2 seating units and sold them, or the sales manager didn't order any because they're not a big seller in their region. An Acadia with 2-3-2 seating is available if you "build your own" and order it through GMC or the dealer. You'd probably find a bunch of them for sale on the 'net if you searched around and added the seating arrangement to your search criteria.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm .... when you fold the 3rd row seats ... do they "disappear" into the floor flat, or could they be removed all together ... and then what would you have ... a big hole to fill, or tracks in the floor to cover up (or fill in)?

I'm just thinking - I haven't needed a 3rd row with my Equinox ...so it's probably not something I'd start using with the Acadia, either. And I kind of like the full side-to-side seat in the 2nd row.

But then one of my kids tells me they're expecting a baby, right? Sure hope not ...

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
Hmmm .... when you fold the 3rd row seats ... do they "disappear" into the floor flat, or could they be removed all together ... and then what would you have ... a big hole to fill, or tracks in the floor to cover up (or fill in)?
They fold so the cargo area floor is flat. If you remove them, you'll end up with a dip in the floor where they're mounted to the body. The third-row seats don't have tracks.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
What Speleos said... rear seats fold flat. Mine are pretty much always folded down and I have cargo liner that covers from the back of the middle row to the back of the vehicle.

They do not fold into the floor. The seat backs merely fold onto the seat bottoms.

·
Registered
487 Posts

I'm just thinking - I haven't needed a 3rd row with my Equinox ...so it's probably not something I'd start using with the Acadia, either. And I kind of like the full side-to-side seat in the 2nd row.

But then one of my kids tells me they're expecting a baby, right? Sure hope not ...
Yes, it's a trade off. . . easier access with the 2nd row captain's seats or full 2nd row and not so great access.
The 3rd row fold completely flat level with the standard rear cargo area. If you removed the 3nd row . .. which you can't, there would be a large open space and then not level with the rear cargo floor area.
So, kind of moot. There also are "cargo accessories " to hold thing in place that are sold.
I think the cargo area is fine and so far keep the 3rd row folded flat. Huge area for cargo then . More than the 2nd Gen Equinox or Terrain.

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
... If you removed the 3nd row . .. which you can't, ...
Sure you can!! You can R&R the third-row seat any time you want to do it (same with the first and second row). All it takes basically is removing a few bolts and pulling the seat out through the back of the car. It might be a struggle, but there's certainly no mystery to it. You can buy a whole new third-row seat assembly (or associated parts) on any GM parts website.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sure you can!! You can R&R the third-row seat any time you want to do it (same with the first and second row). All it takes basically is removing a few bolts and pulling the seat out through the back of the car. It might be a struggle, but there's certainly no mystery to it. You can buy a whole new third-row seat assembly (or associated parts) on any GM parts website.
I do not think that is what Colt was inquiring about. You can do a lot of things in this world. You can also buy parts for a lot of things. Doesn't mean it is practical.
Unless you want to buy the parts for everyone's mods. . . ? :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
I do not think that is what Colt was inquiring about. You can do a lot of things in this world. You can also buy parts for a lot of things. Doesn't mean it is practical.
Unless you want to buy the parts for everyone's mods. . . ? :giggle:
You're the one who said it couldn't be done. Sometimes, there are warranty, or damage issues which require an R&R of the seat. I don't know why anyone would want to do it otherwise, unless they wanted to convert the back of the car to cargo-only. In that case, one would be better off buying a minivan. All the back seats of my Lumina APV could be removed very easily.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OK, so forget about taking the 3rd row out. Fold flat sounds like it’ll be just like my Equinox with 2nd row folded - except it’ll be truly flat (instead of sitting at a 30-degree angle - as it is in the Nox).

This doesn’t really matter, but just curious - if an adult sat in a 3rd row seat, their knees would be up in the air, right? (Because the seat cushion is closer-than-normal to the floor?)

Kind of surprised the 2nd row bench isn’t a 60/40 split where you could move the “40” forward (and its seat back forward) to have more room to the 3rd row on at least one side?

Certainly not a deal-breaker.

·
Registered
487 Posts
You're the one who said it couldn't be done. Sometimes, there are warranty, or damage issues which require an R&R of the seat. I don't know why anyone would want to do it otherwise, unless they wanted to convert the back of the car to cargo-only. In that case, one would be better off buying a minivan. All the back seats of my Lumina APV could be removed very easily.
Well.. what a nonsense talking point. Guess you just like to create a circumstance just ot have something to say. Oh well. . back to Netflix .. :)
I had a Lumina Minvan. . 1995. Yes. But you see that was MADE to let the seats release and be removable.
See the difference? The Acadia was not designed to do that. Sounds a bit hair brained to do what you suggest. :)
So your talking point is just superfluous.

·
Registered
487 Posts
OK, so forget about taking the 3rd row out. Fold flat sounds like it’ll be just like my Equinox with 2nd row folded - except it’ll be truly flat (instead of sitting at a 30-degree angle - as it is in the Nox).

This doesn’t really matter, but just curious - if an adult sat in a 3rd row seat, their knees would be up in the air, right? (Because the seat cushion is closer-than-normal to the floor?)

Kind of surprised the 2nd row bench isn’t a 60/40 split where you could move the “40” forward (and its seat back forward) to have more room to the 3rd row on at least one side?

Certainly not a deal-breaker.
Oh the 2nd row bench is 60/40 . I think. . here's a picture . .. or two...

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
... The Acadia was not designed to do that. Sounds a bit hair brained to do what you suggest. ...
It isn't hair-brained at all. I've seen several stories (with pictures) of people doing it just to make the car cargo-only. They weren't concerned about reinstalling the seats any time soon. Here's one of the pictures:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yup .. just something to say. . Everyone gets their own opinion. And mine says that isn't what Colt was talking about. He clearly asked about if they were removable. . menaing made that way. Said nothing about unbolting. . .

But you go ahead and unbolt if it makes you happy. . . :0

·
Super Moderator
18,794 Posts
Yup .. just something to say. . Everyone gets their own opinion.
This very much goes with any discussion about removing seats, whether it's to make cargo room, or doing a seat swap. Point is it can be done. Go back to your "Game of Thrones." Be sure you have enough toilet paper to finish the show. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
487 Posts
This very much goes with any discussion about removing seats, whether it's to make cargo room, or doing a seat swap. Point is it can be done. Go back to your "Game of Thrones." Be sure you have enough toilet paper to finish the show. :ROFLMAO:
Um. . that show isn't on Netflix. It's HBO I think and would have to go cable or something. IDK. . . never watched it.
I think I have enough TP though. . . on sale at the local store. i can send you some used rolls though .. :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts