GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have 2018 SLT1 FWD Acadia that now has appx 5800 miles on it. I’ve noticed two things while driving that are a bit concerning, but would like to see if others have noticed the same symptoms with theirs.

1.) When the transmission shifts from 2-3 it has a more noticeable shift than any other gear. The 2-3 shifts are less smooth when the fluid is cold, but still more noticeable at all fluid temps. The shift isn’t harsh or hard just more noticeable than any other shift.

2.) During acceleration on the highway I notice right around 4800-5200 RPM there’s a slight ‘dead spot.’ The 3.6 has so much power and pulls hard up to about that point and then briefly there’s a noticeable ‘dead spot’ in the acceleration. The acceleration falls off and then picks back up to redline. I would have to say throttle was 70-100 percent.

These items are probably just the design of the drivetrain, but wanted to see if others experienced any of the same.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

I have 2018 SLT1 FWD Acadia that now has appx 5800 miles on it. I’ve noticed two things while driving that are a bit concerning, but would like to see if others have noticed the same symptoms with theirs.

1.) When the transmission shifts from 2-3 it has a more noticeable shift than any other gear. The 2-3 shifts are less smooth when the fluid is cold, but still more noticeable at all fluid temps. The shift isn’t harsh or hard just more noticeable than any other shift.

2.) During acceleration on the highway I notice right around 4800-5200 RPM there’s a slight ‘dead spot.’ The 3.6 has so much power and pulls hard up to about that point and then briefly there’s a noticeable ‘dead spot’ in the acceleration. The acceleration falls off and then picks back up to redline. I would have to say throttle was 70-100 percent.

These items are probably just the design of the drivetrain, but wanted to see if others experienced any of the same.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 2018 Acadia Denali AWD, when cold it has a very harsh shift from 2 - 3 or 3 - 4, I have not actually confirmed which gear, all other shifts are fine. It almost feels like it shifts into neutral and then goes into the next gear. It is especially bad in Cold weather, It normally warms up enough to shift smoothly after driving 6 - 8 miles, one day in March it was in the lower 20's outside and it did not start shifting smoothly until I had driven about 25 miles.

Took it to the dealer for its first service and the dealer could not detect a problem, which I expected because it has to sit overnight once it has been run before it does it again. Took it back to the dealer and left it overnight, next morning I went to dealership and drove it with the mechanic. It shifted fairly smooth but the temperature had been in the 80's all night and was in the low 90's when I drove it so I think it was warm enough to shift fairly smooth, mechanic felt aa little and thought it was the 3 - 4 shift. He took it in the shop, checked for error codes, bulletins, etc. but found nothing. he also checked the oil level and found it to be 5 quarts low, he topped it off and I took it home.

Car is garage kept and there has never been a drop of oil on the floor where it is parked. Since hen it has been in the 90's everyday and I would say it was fixed, however one day this week it was in the upper 60's and I went for a drive and it shifted harshly again. I am going to take it back to the dealer once the overnight temperatures get to the 60's or below. My wife also has a 2018 Acadia Denali AWD and it shifts so smooth in all gears at all times that you hardly even know it has shifted so I do not think it is a normal thing.

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I’m not the only one with this issue.

2017 Acadia holds RPMs high for a bit too long when shifting from 2-3

2018 GMC Acadia SLT 1 FWD

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 SLT2 having similar issues as well. The other day I went to pass a car on a 2 lane road and when I floored it, it was unresponsive for a second and then kicked in. Anyone else have that particular issue as well?
Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
Definitely not the hesitation. I passed a truck yesterday and the tires spun, as the dealership had put it in 2WD.
As for the 2-3 shift issue... that's why they had it. There's a better thread (I'm part of it) about that.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
2018 SLT2 having similar issues as well. The other day I went to pass a car on a 2 lane road and when I floored it, it was unresponsive for a second and then kicked in. Anyone else have that particular issue as well?
Thanks
Which engine?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Wonder if the 6, and it's a slight AFM delay...
That is one of my thoughts.

I have the V6 and there is a small 'sweet' spot where I go to accelerate just as it drops to a V4 and there is a blink of an eye delay.

My other thought is they have the normally aspirated 4 banger which is just too small for the Acadia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts