GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I spoke to a mechanic at GMC and he told me the thermostat is not part of the power train warranty. Can anyone confirm if this is the case or not? I can't find this part in stock anywhere, including ebay, where some people have found it. I can't understand why such a common part like a thermostat is so hard to find.
Mine was covered on my extended warranty. It took almost 2 weeks for the parts to come in. It seems to be on back order everywhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing has been happening to me. I brought the vehicle in to GM service center and they couldn't figure out what was happening. The steering assist reduced message would come up, thermostat temp down to 0 and the fan would run constantly and super loud. Talked with someone else that had the same exact issue on a Buick and it was a coolant temp sensor. $100 repair. I'm back at the shop today because finally it kicked on the CEL this time. Surprisingly covered by our 100k powertrain warranty. We bought in 3/2021 Certified Pre-owned. Without warranty they were first stating $1,200 repair. :oops:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts