GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
A bit wordy... :oops:
Maybe some better pics and what you did would help.

·
Registered
2018 Acadia SLT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First post on here, first time putting up pic. Apologies for quality
hid kit in headlight rubber dust cover
3k yellow led fog
6k led reverse and plate light bulbs
And in picture running a smoked lense led light in tow hitch receiver while m not using trailer hitch.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Gotcha.
I thought about upgrading my headlights, but I've decided to leave it alone for now.
Not into the yellow or trailer hitch lights, but glad you're happy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Weren’t people having issues after installing led reverse lights?

·
Super Moderator
19,541 Posts
BTW Tgagne13, your yellow fog lights might get you into trouble. Just read some interesting forum posts on other sites about people in MA getting ticketed for having them.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Weren’t people having issues after installing led reverse lights?
Back in 2017 on the new Acadia Denali for sure had issues with LED back up lights. Some owner of an early one even said they came with LED back up lights and they had to have them replaced IIRC.
Then there was quite a bit of fuss about what actually was causing the issue.
I'm just staying with replacement LED head light bulbs and leaving the rest alone. No issues at all with them, except they need to be indexed (clocked) to the correct 9 o'clock - 3 o'clock position in the headlight housings. Working much better than stock halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
2018 Acadia SLT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had “No issues” with any lights.
I Did purchase rubber dust covers for The headlights to run the HID kit through without haveing to drill through the stock plastic dust covers. Which depending on LED headlight bulbs, might run across the same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Problems I recall came about when the lights were replaced with LEDS which weren't CANBUS-compliant.
I changed all of mine to LED... except the turn signals.. the Led bulbs withnor with out resistors drained the batt after the car was off.. changed 3 batts under warranty trying different ways.. had to put back the turn signals to normal bulbs...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve changed out all my bulbs to LED with no issues. Internally resisted front amber and rear red turn- as well as 6k white reverse lights (these aren’t resisted). The internally resisted LED bulbs for the turn lights have given me no issues with battery or any errors. Plus, I didn’t have to wire in a resistor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve changed out all my bulbs to LED with no issues. Internally resisted front amber and rear red turn- as well as 6k white reverse lights (these aren’t resisted). The internally resisted LED bulbs for the turn lights have given me no issues with battery or any errors. Plus, I didn’t have to wire in a resistor.
After changing mine ... it took about 3 to 4 months and then the batt went bad each time... what bulbs did you buy...?

·
Registered
34 Posts
After changing mine ... it took about 3 to 4 months and then the batt went bad each time... what bulbs did you buy...?
I got the amber bulbs in July and the red bulbs in September and have had absolutely no issues. I just added the reverse lights in January, but still haven't seen any issues.

Front turn (amber) were OXILAM: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q8RZRZV/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_-GQzEb9RKXKMR
Rear turn (red) were Lasfit: 7443 7444 CANBUS Error Free LED Turn Signal Light Bulb | Brilliant Red
Reverse (super bright) were also Lasfit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YJ7G81/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_gIQzEbPK9NRKZ

·
Registered
961 Posts
Good to know. . . not sure I need LEDs for turn signal bulbs. They seem to be bright enough for others to see.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It was partially the aspect of brightness - for me it was also about look. The brighter LED's on the front look a lot nicer- the red bulbs (compared to the white OEM rear) do look a lot better (looks like a bright red vs more of the pink-ish color).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Back in 2017 on the new Acadia Denali for sure had issues with LED back up lights. Some owner of an early one even said they came with LED back up lights and they had to have them replaced IIRC.
Then there was quite a bit of fuss about what actually was causing the issue.
I'm just staying with replacement LED head light bulbs and leaving the rest alone. No issues at all with them, except they need to be indexed (clocked) to the correct 9 o'clock - 3 o'clock position in the headlight housings. Working much better than stock halogen bulbs.
thank you both for the clarification

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got the amber bulbs in July and the red bulbs in September and have had absolutely no issues. I just added the reverse lights in January, but still haven't seen any issues.

Front turn (amber) were OXILAM: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q8RZRZV/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_-GQzEb9RKXKMR
Rear turn (red) were Lasfit: 7443 7444 CANBUS Error Free LED Turn Signal Light Bulb | Brilliant Red
Reverse (super bright) were also Lasfit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YJ7G81/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_gIQzEbPK9NRKZ
Has the brighter reverse lights improved the picture from the rear view camera at night?

·
Registered
2018 Acadia SLT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Led reverse made huge difference. Even just unlocking car at night and lights turn on. And only reason y I did license plate light was to match the reverse ones. To have same color and brightness

1 - 20 of 20 Posts