GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched and couldn’t find anything on converting my headlights to LED. Having said that, is it better to convert to LED? Is the process simple? Are there LED lights that are better in any of your alls experience? Will converting to said LED compromise to warranties in any way? Thanks in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Here's a thread with helpful information: Headlights - Halogen v LED. A good search of the forum will probably lead you to others.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a thread with helpful information: Headlights - Halogen v LED. A good search of the forum will probably lead you to others.
ok thanks, I had searched for my year and LED conversions and came up pretty empty handed. Maybe I am not aware of how many year Acadias use the same lights. Also wondering if you know anything about the interior bulbs and if they can easily be switched to LED as well.

·
Registered
665 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Our 2019 Acadia SLT-1 already has interior LED dome lights and courtesy lights.
2018 Acadia does not?
There are several brands of 9012 LED headlight bulbs out there. But be careful in selecting only ones that can be indexed or "clockable" . . . meaning, they can be rotated and locked into the proper position of the LED chip arrays on the "stalk" of the bulb.
And, yes, your warranty can be affected and GM recommends NOT installing retro fitted LED bulbs. At least in most GM vehicles since some LED bulbs could damage the BCM in the vehicle.

Searched and couldn’t find anything on converting my headlights to LED. Having said that, is it better to convert to LED? Is the process simple? Are there LED lights that are better in any of your alls experience? Will converting to said LED compromise to warranties in any way? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those halogens suck huh? You can simply put a LED bulb in there since its already a projector housing and you will see a remarkable improvement. I provided some links for ya:

Interior - 2015-2016 GMC Acadia LED Interior Lights Package
Exterior (PrecisionLED) - GMC Acadia LED Lights | PrecisionLED.com
Exterior (XenonDepot) - XenonDepot | 2018 GMC Acadia%20with%20Halogen%20Headlights
Exterior (DiodeDynamics) - 2013-2019 GMC Acadia LED Lighting Upgrades
Thanks brother...now the fun part!! Ordering all the goodies I want!! Are yellow fog lights illegal?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our 2019 Acadia SLT-1 already has interior LED dome lights and courtesy lights.
2018 Acadia does not?
There are several brands of 9012 LED headlight bulbs out there. But be careful in selecting only ones that can be indexed or "clockable" . . . meaning, they can be rotated and locked into the proper position of the LED chip arrays on the "stalk" of the bulb.
And, yes, your warranty can be affected and GM recommends NOT installing retro fitted LED bulbs. At least in most GM vehicles since some LED bulbs could damage the BCM in the vehicle.
I thought mine were LED as the are very bright but couldn’t tell and couldn’t find anything to the me what the 2018 SLT has for inside bulbs. I will exercise caution when purchasing and installing now that I know this.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Of course yellow fogs are legal, they used to come that way. I prefer diode dynamics so call them first.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Of course yellow fogs are legal, they used to come that way. I prefer diode dynamics so call them first.
Ok, I had heard somewhere over the years that yellow fogs were illegal in some areas but wasn’t sure if that was true or just a story by a grumpy old neighbor that didn’t like yellow fogs!! I am actually shopping Diode Dynamics now!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can just put an LED light bulb there. The process of replacing the light is quite complicated. If you don't know how to do it right, it's best to get help from professionals. I recently decided to install a flagpole light. I thought it would be easy, but it was much more complicated. I spent a lot of time and decided to seek help from the experts. Moreover, I had some problems with the outlet at home. In 3 hours the guys fixed my outlet and installed the lamp. They also did a diagnostic of the electrical system of my house. I was lucky, there were no problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts