GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,728 Posts
Can't view the pictures . . click on then delay and wait. .. so didn't view.
Interesting! I was viewing the slide show just before reading your comment. I didn't experience any delay. Must be your 'net connection.

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
16 Posts
It's my 1st time posting pics in this forum, so don't dismiss the possibility of User Error on my part :( ... I uploaded the pics in my Gallery, then added them to the post.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
It's my 1st time posting pics in this forum, so don't dismiss the possibility of User Error on my part :( ... I uploaded the pics in my Gallery, then added them to the post.
Ahhh. that's the problem with the delay.

Better to use the photo Icon. Red arrow below. Than select post thumbnails.

·
Super Moderator
21,728 Posts
Your image size is very large. If you right click (or touch) on the picture itself and copy it from the the gallery then paste it here, you get the opportunity to use a full-sized image or a thumbnail. Thumbnail works best for display in the thread. Otherwise, people only see part of the image and have to scroll through it to see eveything. Thumbnails let the viewer look at the full-sized image in another screen, then zoom in and out at will. Example below:
1619362011555.png

BTW, the "copy image, paste here, then convert to thumbnail" method works with pictures from other areas of the 'net, too.

·
Registered
2018 Arctic White Acadia SLT-1 AWD
6 Posts
I bit the bullet and purchased Stampede. They are local, Port Byron, IL and I knew family of the owners before they sold to lund. Fronts look great, rears bowed as ****. This is what I was trying to avoid. They just don't seem to fit right. Maybe just keep the fronts and trash the rears. Thoughts?
20210520_160815.jpg 20210520_160804.jpg 20210520_160841.jpg 20210520_184049.jpg 20210520_184056.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
16 Posts
Wow! I would expect the rear to be "in line" with the front. Is it bowed like that even before it is installed or does squeezing it in place make look like that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wow! I would expect the rear to be "in line" with the front. Is it bowed like that even before it is installed or does squeezing it in place make look like that?
No, they were straight before installing. They are just a little too long. I feel like this is what they look like on a lot of other vehicles I see while driving.

I took them off and sent an email to Stampede to see what they recommend.

·
Super Moderator
21,728 Posts
.. They just don't seem to fit right. Maybe just keep the fronts and trash the rears. Thoughts?
It doesn't look right without the visors on all 4 windows, IMO. Have you tried switching sides with the rears? Maybe they're marked or boxed incorrectly. :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Have you tried switching sides with the rears? Maybe they're marked or boxed incorrectly. :unsure:
The instructions show front tabs have adhesive and the rears don't. I guess I could try flipping them when I get home to see if it helps. The backs were probably as flush as they could get to the back. I will let you known what I find out if flipped. They just seem too long.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
...fronts only definitely doesn't look right.

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
16 Posts
"Front tabs have adhesive"... That sounds a little odd, looking at the pics: won't the adhesive interfere with the operation of the windows?

I agree with the other comments too, front without the rear looks a little off. With that said, though, it is your vehicle and your choice :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts