GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Arctic White Acadia SLT-1 AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Can anyone recommend either GM or Stampede window deflectors? There may have been third brand I saw, but don't remember the name. Maybe throw me a couple photos if you have them? I just purchased my 2018 Acadia and wanted to put window deflectors on it. It has been hard to find online photos to try and compare. I wanted them to have sharp lines. Some of them look like a bubble and I was trying to avoid that. Also wanted to see how in channel vs adhesive looked. Thanks!
20210312_180046.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Acadia SLT-1 AWD 3.6 v6 LGX Silver
8 Posts
I got my in-channel AVS window vents and bug shield from RockAuto. Now (spring/summer) is a good time of year to install them because they adhere much better when the whole vehicle is warm.

Reactions: CAStearns

·
Registered
2018 Arctic White Acadia SLT-1 AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my in-channel AVS window vents and bug shield from RockAuto. Now (spring/summer) is a good time of year to install them because they adhere much better when the whole vehicle is warm.
Might need to jump on my computer to look at RockAuto, not having much luck on my phone. Can you post a pick of the vents and bug shield you got?

·
Registered
2017 Acadia SLT-1 AWD 3.6 v6 LGX Silver
8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
AVS has 2 different hood deflectors. I got the Carflector. It kept the bugs off my windshield driving though Arkansas so I give it an A+.
Take a trip to Maryland when the 17-year cicadas come out. You'll probably downgrade it to a C-. 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
2020 GMC Terrain 2021 Acadia Denali Ultimate 2016 Corvette Stingray
37 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
AVS ones suck. Get Weathertech rain guards. Much better and won't fall off. In-channel, low profile, optically clear.
Waayyy better. Cost more, but worth it.

-Dan
Thanks for posting those. I had forgotten that WeatherTech has them and a lot of other items other than floor.cargo mats and splash guards.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Never had these.... the purpose being for rainy places yet being able to keep your window open? Or for smokers perhaps? Or?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Never had these.... the purpose being for rainy places yet being able to keep your window open? Or for smokers perhaps? Or?
Both...

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
Either/or may have been a better reply. They will prevent a car from getting too hot inside while sitting stationary in the sun when the windows are let down a bit; can be a deterent for people who might think about snatching things inside. Are also installed just for looks.

Reactions: M7C7vette

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Agree with that for sure. . . .
Having a window or two cracked open can also help remove humidity in cold or rainy weather when wet clothing fogs up the windows. By cracking a window or two and using the defrost mode in the HVAC humidity can vent a little better.

Reactions: M7C7vette

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I open my windows frequently, even with the air on. I've definitely never felt the need for deflectors however (particularly, to my eyes, they're not exactly a nice addition). I understand others using them I guess...

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone recommend either GM or Stampede window deflectors? There may have been third brand I saw, but don't remember the name. Maybe throw me a couple photos if you have them? I just purchased my 2018 Acadia and wanted to put window deflectors on it. It has been hard to find online photos to try and compare. I wanted them to have sharp lines. Some of them look like a bubble and I was trying to avoid that. Also wanted to see how in channel vs adhesive looked. Thanks!
View attachment 10916
I recently picked up my new Acadia and had the dealer install the in channel GM deflectors and they look good, pretty much the same as Lund, AVS and weather tech. My last SUV now 20 years old, also came with the GM stick on version, and they are as good today as when I got it. I do think the in channel looks just a bit better.

Ther aree videos on youtube that will show you whaty they look like and how to install...its easy

·
Registered
37 Posts
I recently picked up my new Acadia and had the dealer install the in channel GM deflectors and they look good, pretty much the same as Lund, AVS and weather tech. My last SUV now 20 years old, also came with the GM stick on version, and they are as good today as when I got it. I do think the in channel looks just a bit better.

Ther aree videos on youtube that will show you whaty they look like and how to install...its easy
Negative. AVS, Lund, and GM ones are all one in the same. Made by AutoVent Shade. Not even CLOSE to the quality and difference in the Weathertech rain guards. I guess from 50 feet away they all look the same, but even then, the Weathertechs' look lower profile, the fronts are longer as they go all the way to bottom of the window in the front, to the back edge on the top and cannot just fall out, as the AVS type can, and do. Up close the differences are obvious. Cost twice as much but are visually and functionally WAAYY better! I have had and experienced both.

And any stick on/non inchannel window visors, to me are laughable and look circus.

Dan

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali
9 Posts
I can't comment on the quality of the AVS product(s), but the Weathertech stuff is worth the extra $. Except for my convertible (duh!), they are/were on pretty much every vehicle I've owned. I'm a smoker (no comment on that, please!), and I need the windows open even when it rains, and I'm not crazy about the idea of rain getting into all the electrical stuff in the door. For me at least, rain deflectors are not a "bling" item :)

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
... I'm a smoker (no comment on that, please!), and I need the windows open ...
I am, too. Had the deflectors on my Acadia and always drove with the driver's window opened just a bit. TBH, folks could never tell I was a smoker when they first got in the vehicle. The interior wasn't stained and still smelled of leather the day I traded it. Haven't smoked in the XT5, yet, and am vascillating on whether or not to put deflectors on it.

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
Those look good. (y)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Can't view the pictures . . click on then delay and wait. .. so didn't view.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts