GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Arctic White Acadia SLT-1 AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased my 2018 Acadia used in March of 2021. Just over 29k miles on it. I started noticing a funky smell in March of 2022. It came with the gmc all weather floor mats, so i never noticed driver and passenger side carpets being wet. It just rolled over 40k. Checked forums for possible issues. It doesn't have a sunroof. I checked the the run off under the center console, I had seen heater core and ac runoff were possible issues but the the tube was bone dry. Water was pooled under the center console. A lot off electronic connections under there. The dealership I bought it from was GMC certified. They had it from saturday morning until wednesday night. Could not find the issue. Took it to a GMC dealership. Found it in about 30 - 45 minutes. Leak coming from behind the dash. After 2.5 days the let me know it is the seal around the evaporator case. Anyone else seen this issue? Disappointed because its only 4 years old with 40K miles and I'm probably going to have to cover the entire repair.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have that same issue. But my 2012 Acadia just had the AC go out. We've had it for 2 years. Just had the ac compressor replaced but it only works sometimes. Can now hear hissing from the vents that wasn't there before. My mechanic says it could be rear compressor leaking. Have to remove the entire dash to get to it. Ugh! But wet haven't noticed any water on the floors.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts