GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all,
Got my wife a CPO 2018 Acadia Denali last week to replace her 2011 yukon Denali. We had no issues with the Yukon other than it was nearing 150k and we were sick of paying the fuel bill.

we’re both enjoying the new “car”, “truck”, “suv”? While slowly making it our own, I went and got the windows tinted day one. I thought it might look nice to order black emblems to cover the “Denali” lettering on the door to give it a little pop and take away a little bit of the overwhelming Denali chrome.

I can’t find emblem overlay vinyl or stickers anywhere. Would be a bit tedious to tape it all to plastidip it letter by letter. Has anyone else done this or looked into it?

thanks!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Cloud

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You should be able to find sheet vinyl and cut the wraps yourself. Many people do that when they can't find anything that's pre-cut.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you,
I am hoping that’s a last resort. I do have sheet vinyl in the tool box from doing a few Chevy bow ties. This is a little more complex with individual lettering and x2 so I’m just hoping someone knows where to find pre-cuts

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Guess what I found for you with a little 'net surfing! Black Denali Nameplate Emblems The ad says it's for all GMC models except Acadia in a range of earlier model years. I think Denali badges are alike across the line, though. You might be able to find black Acadia-specifc badges for the correct model year if you search with a well-selected string of keywords. Amazon has page upon page of emblems and overlays.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I can't even see where it is in the pics, but assuming front doors... maybe strip them off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess what I found for you with a little 'net surfing! Black Denali Nameplate Emblems The ad says it's for all GMC models except Acadia in a range of earlier model years. I think Denali badges are alike across the line, though. You might be able to find black Acadia-specifc badges for the correct model year if you search with a well-selected string of keywords. Amazon has page upon page of emblems and overlays.
unfortunately these ones on the Acadia are a bit different. I’ve been searching high and lowwith web searches, Amazon, eBay, everything. May have to just resort to cutting me own.

I can't even see where it is in the pics, but assuming front doors... maybe strip them off?
they are in the chrome attached to the sides of the doors under the mirrors. A bit smaller than the normal Denali and very hard to distinguish

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey all,
Got my wife a CPO 2018 Acadia Denali last week to replace her 2011 yukon Denali. We had no issues with the Yukon other than it was nearing 150k and we were sick of paying the fuel bill.

we’re both enjoying the new “car”, “truck”, “suv”? While slowly making it our own, I went and got the windows tinted day one. I thought it might look nice to order black emblems to cover the “Denali” lettering on the door to give it a little pop and take away a little bit of the overwhelming Denali chrome.

I can’t find emblem overlay vinyl or stickers anywhere. Would be a bit tedious to tape it all to plastidip it letter by letter. Has anyone else done this or looked into it?

thanks!

View attachment 11523
Try here: KJM Vinyl Decals. I got a set of white to cover the front & rear red GMC lettering. Looks great, same color as the vehicle. 2018 Acadia Denali.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts