GMC Acadia Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I highly recommend that you contact the GMC Customer Assurance Center at 1-866-790-5600. If you're connected outside the country, foreign accent, just request to be connected to a US based representative. Relate your prior experience and why you want help with the "howling". Tell them about Koons and my results.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Oh I totally agree with you on the buyback. Unfortunately my wife and I were treated very poorly by this individual. I’ve solely purchased GM vehicles except for one Ford in 1999. My dad was 100% a Buick man. My uncle bought 75% GMs in his life. Dozens of GM cars in our family.

None of this loyalty meant anything to this individual. We were yelled at and scolded like kids. The process took a couple months.

We stood our ground and won but the whole ordeal soured me towards GM. I have 4 GM cars right now in my garage but I’m not sure what my next will be after how we were treated.
It's tough on us as customers when we run into a service official at a dealer we may like or have done business with for years. We had that happen some years back before moving and there were two other dealers fairly close in the area so we switched to one of them.

Wife and kids also had problems with other brand dealers like Toyota and Nissan. The Nissan dealer sold Buick and Oldsmobile back when GM dealers were permitted to sell multiple brands. The service department there was awful, charged twice times for a warranty claim and were told . . "The $75 service fee isn't covered by warranty. " They even had a separate $5 charge for inflating tires to proper pressure during a tire rotate !

So I never let my buying decision of a brand or car maker sour me on a vehicle we wanted to consider for purchase. Another route to explore is to contact your sales person, sales manager and dealer owner and tell them of your service experience and state how you really like the dealer, but the service individual is not something you enjoy dealing with. If they get enough negative feedback on a service writer or even manager things may improve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wonder if we are all talking about the same dealership, My selling dealer is in Ohio and is still causing problems even though I live in Maryland. I've also had to change dealerships in MD because the first one I went to here was either incompetent or just plain lazy. Where are your dealerships? BTW it has been extremly difficult to file a complaint to GMC since they require you to go thru the selling dealership to get the regional sales organization's contact information. I was finally able to get thru by calling 888-469-4426. Ask for a US based rep when you do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
My selling dealer was Jay Buick GMC. BUT - I think some people have misunderstood my previous post. The man who yelled at us was the GM DEALER REP (a GM employee) for this area. Not a dealer employee. The dealer actually fought on our behalf to get my old Acadia bought back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The dealer I'm having a problem with is in Toledo, Ohio. I wonder if the same rep will end up handling my complaint. Do you remember his name?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
First name was Paul. I’d have to do digging to see if I could find his last name.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts