GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Canyon 17” wheels on a 2017 Arcadia slt thinking of putting 17 inch canyon wheels with snow tires on a 2017 Arcadia. Anyone have any experience with this or know if they will fit? Canyon rims are very very cheap . The bolt pattern is the same, but the offset is 33 on the canyon on the Arcadia it’s 50. Has anyone done this question?

·
Super Moderator
22,796 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read through this thread and see what others think: Do Canyon/Colorado wheels fit 2019 Acadia.
Thanks I have read that before. I was just looking for more info to see if anyone has actually tried it and if they will work. There appears to be a lot of speculation but no actual facts and a lot guessing. Surely someone has Used canyon wheels before. Well maybe I’ll just have to get some mounted up and see how they fit.

·
Super Moderator
22,796 Posts
Thanks I have read that before. I was just looking for more info to see if anyone has actually tried it and if they will work. ... Well maybe I’ll just have to get some mounted up and see how they fit.
You should have noticed no one did the swap since this thread and that other one are the whole discussion about it on the forum. Maybe you can find something about it on one of the Facebook Acadia pages. Let us know how things turn out for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
You should have noticed no one did the swap since this thread and that other one are the whole discussion about it on the forum. Maybe you can find something about it on one of the Facebook Acadia pages. Let us know how things turn out for you.
I just got around to doing the swap last week. I picked up a set of Canyon 17” wheels for $200 and a set of 17 inch used snow tires for $200. Got everything mounted on the car they seems to fit very well. Track seems to be a little wider but doesn’t seem to be a problem. I kind a like the way the car rides with 17 inch tires. All in all so far very good!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I just got around to doing the swap last week. I picked up a set of Canyon 17” wheels for $200 and a set of 17 inch used snow tires for $200. Got everything mounted on the car they seems to fit very well. Track seems to be a little wider but doesn’t seem to be a problem. I kind a like the way the car rides with 17 inch tires. All in all so far very good!
In theory they should ride nicer than larger wheels, particularly 20".
They should track 5/8" further out both sides assuming same wheel width...
What do "they" say? Didn't happen without pictures. :) Kidding, but curious for pics for sure.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Wow. . they actually look quite good. Good match in color to your Acadia and the tire size looks proportionate.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Yep, looks nice! Factory, yet different.
What size are the tires?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, looks nice! Factory, yet different.
What size are the tires?
I ended up going with 245/65r17 The same size GM used on the base model. wheelsize.com give me a few more options but when I check the Revolutions with the tire manufacture their numbers were off. So I eventually settled on the tires used on the base model, the canyon rims are 8 inches wide. So for the car seems to handle much better then with the bigger tires. And at 70 miles an hour clocked Against GPS I get no difference in speed there may be a little error but I cannot see it. So far I’m very happy with the swap.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Yep, thought those looked like my size, those are SLE sized tires, measuring 29.5" diameter. All other Acadia tires measure 30.0" diameter. You're good.
I bought another set of Q7D (outfitted on the SLE & AT4) wheels for winters from a guy 1/2 hour north of here for $350 (CAD). Just looking around for 255 65 17 tires for the other 3 seasons, as a nail ended my LTX tire life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts