GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I just noticed the AC wasn't working on my 2017 Acadia V6. The temp gauge doesn't appear to be working as well - and I saw a message on the DIC about power steering assist not enabled. Hooked up OBDII and saw a P0128 code. Based on everything I've read, this could possibly be a thermostat or a ECT sensor. I can't seem to find the location of either of those parts - can someone point me to where the ECT sensor and thermostat are on the 2017 model. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever resolve this issue? Im having the same problem.
No, we were driving to the dealer and the problem went away, so they couldn't diagnose. It just came back this week. I may try a thermostat replacement this weekend if I can find it. Did you have any luck?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did. I replaced my thermostat about a month ago and my problems went away. This seems to have fixed it. Replacing the thermostat was a difficult task and took me about 4 hours, but you can do it. You need to remove the items off the top of the engine, like the air intake and even the fuel rail, then the thermostat is under that. The thermostat is about a $150 part because you get the housing and pipe with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did. I replaced my thermostat about a month ago and my problems went away. This seems to have fixed it. Replacing the thermostat was a difficult task and took me about 4 hours, but you can do it. You need to remove the items off the top of the engine, like the air intake and even the fuel rail, then the thermostat is under that. The thermostat is about a $150 part because you get the housing and pipe with it.
Thanks for the info. Did you flush air out of the radiator/coolant system after? If so, how?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did not need to. I just refilled the overflow bottle a little past the full line and started the engine and let it idle for a while. It circulated the coolant and I had to add a little more in, but not much. Just keep an eye on the level over the next few times of driving it and if the level stays full, you should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts