GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here. I replaced my battery for a 2017 GMC Acadia SLT-1. Since replacing the battery the Intellilink screen constantly looks for downloads. Even if I disable the Wi-Fi from Settings it still looks for updates. It disrupts my navigation and display every few minutes which is obviously a huge hassle. I bought the vehicle used. I have tried connecting the wifi to my home network but keep getting connection errors for any software updates. I don't believe there are any new software updates as I have recently had the car to the dealership for a separate check engine light issue.

Any one else have this issue or can offer insight? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
In my XT5, some updates are handled through OnStar instead of WiFi. Go to your system settings and look for the option to 'Update' anything. Initialize the updates and let them do whatever is necessary. You will probably be warned to NOT drive the vehicle while the updates are working. It will be OK to turn off the vehicle, though. Do the same for any apps you have installed, too. Most updates give an estimate of time necessary to complete them, so you know how much time the vehicle will have to sit.

If you don't feel like doing the above, go to the dealer and have them do the updates for you. Just be aware that it will take some time and may cost you something if the vehicle is out of warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts