GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came out the other morning to a dead vehicle. Battery was shot so I replaced it(3 years old, what a shame). I now have an issue with no hvac. The dual climate doesn’t even indicate a temperature. When I adjust the temperature or Fan speed it yields no results(no air whatsoever) but the changes are reflected on the in dash radio. When I remote start the vehicle the blower does run and I have air from the vents but the second I turn the car on it goes dead. I’ve Ohmed out the fuses to no avail. I’m ready to ditch this thing! Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
18,836 Posts
LOL Likely service as the wife wants “something bigger” and that’s a more expensive route! Thanks for the help!
Complexity of the HVAC system is the issue. I'd point you to an on-line service manual if one was available and you had the proper tools to DIY the diagnosis and repair.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I
Complexity of the HVAC system is the issue. I'd point you to an on-line service manual if one was available and you had the proper tools to DIY the diagnosis and repair.
I sub to alldata, was considering swapping in a new hvac controller but it looks as though it needs programming. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
18,836 Posts
I

I sub to alldata, was considering swapping in a new hvac controller but it looks as though it needs programming. Thoughts?
Could be just throwing parts at a problem without really knowing what the cause may be.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Could be just throwing parts at a problem without really knowing what the cause may be.
That would be my thought.

I would venture to say the failed HVAC system and dead battery most likely go hand in hand.

I like Alldata but it doesn't have all the answers. Most dealers subscribe to a service, I forget the name, where techs can report problems and resolutions. Helps eliminate shotgunning parts.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Could be a more significant issue that drained the battery and fried the HVAC controller, or a loose/grounded connection that drained the battery and is preventing juice from reaching the HVAC controller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts